By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 exclusives vs. 360 exclusives (1m+ sellers)

Console exclusive DO convince people to buy consoles because the PC isn't a console, not everyone has a gaming PC, and the vast majority of people who want to play games on their big TV while sitting in their Lazy Boy and eating snacks aren't going to lug their PC Tower into the living room.

Compare what you want, but the truth is that when people walk into a Walmart and look at the rack of games between PS3 and Xbox 360 very few go check to see if the ghost town of a PC section has any of the same games.

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
Console exclusive DO convince people to buy consoles because the PC isn't a console, not everyone has a gaming PC, and the vast majority of people who want to play games on their big TV while sitting in their Lazy Boy and eating snacks aren't going to lug their PC Tower into the living room.

Compare what you want, but the truth is that when people walk into a Walmart and look at the rack of games between PS3 and Xbox 360 very few go check to see if the ghost town of a PC section has any of the same games.

He just didnt like the list I made because Sony wasnt winning but it is still true. Even when you look at Microsoft published games this gen compared to Sony microsoft outsells sony by 30 million

Better thread in my opinion - 360 has way too many games that are cross-platform with PC, and not enough diversity in real exclusives (Fable and Halo actually being only one that I really do care about). That's the reason why I go with PS, I counted at least 6 franchises I care about that I can't play anywhere else - for me, that's the very definition of "exclusive".

Why did you have to include the Kinect statement??? Just a question.

I mean, you might aswell get Halo 3 out, GT5 out,UC3 out, Sports Champions out, Forza 3 out if you're not going to count "Hard bundled" exclusives. Whatever the hell that meant. 

Yay!!!

kain_kusanagi said:

There's a difference between a dedicated gaming PC and a gaming capable PC.

Lots of people already own gaming capable PCs/laptops and a significant proportion of them may be relatively casual gamers for whom a console is an unneccessary expense, especially if a game is available for both platforms.

And most PC games are downloaded now.

Around the Network

It's not the best year to be a Sony fan. Let 'em have this one.

360 was out for one more year than the ps3 it is just surprising to see the ps3 come close to beating the 360 sales even though we had a bad lauch and they had a head start gap between the ps3 and 360 is now 1.7 m

Ah yes, I do so love when 'devoted' fans of one platform set up arbitrary definitions of words so that it benefits their side/agenda/proclivities:

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.”

“The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.”

(I'm not a PS3 fanboy by any stretch, but I am amused at the lengths to which some will go to 'protect' the franchise.)

hmmm this has really piled up my curiosity now, where is the thread with the Wii list? I'm sure there is one, anybody got a link?

dahuman said:
hmmm this has really piled up my curiosity now, where is the thread with the Wii list? I'm sure there is one, anybody got a link?

Not a bad idea. Would probably be massive... too massive. Thread couldn't take it