Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 exclusives vs. 360 exclusives (1m+ sellers)

WTF kinect adventures is the best selling exclusive

Around the Network

In the strictest sense, the sides are fairly equal. No surprise there. But, while I see where pezus is coming from, I agree with Kowen's sentiments here.

You were doing fine until you decided to throw in that line about Kinect Adventures not counting. Unnecessary.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Dodece said:
@pezus

You lost this argument like five fucking years ago. This community decided way back then that PC ports were aside from the point, and if you want to get real fucking logical. Had those ported games not been there. Then the games that remained would probably pick up more sales in their absence. Besides if a game like Fable really motivated any buyer out there. They would have overwhelmingly chosen the console which was cheaper. Then the alternative of a dedicated gaming PC.

Seriously how many times do we have to go through this before it sinks in. The 360 selling more games isn't any kind of pox upon your house. The second place console selling more software then the third place console is just a given, and the fact that the second place console had a years head start only amplifies the disparity.

I don't remember the argument ever getting resolved. We had a rule for a while to specify if you meant "console exclusive" (to include PC ports) and to only use "exclusive" in the literal sense.

Also, you logic makes no sense. I started the gen with a gaming capable PC (not a very good PC) and never bought a 360 because of this. I'm sure there are many others where this is also true. Not everyone wants a games console when they can use their own PC/laptop to play certain games.

Console exclusive DO convince people to buy consoles because the PC isn't a console, not everyone has a gaming PC, and the vast majority of people who want to play games on their big TV while sitting in their Lazy Boy and eating snacks aren't going to lug their PC Tower into the living room.

Compare what you want, but the truth is that when people walk into a Walmart and look at the rack of games between PS3 and Xbox 360 very few go check to see if the ghost town of a PC section has any of the same games.

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
Console exclusive DO convince people to buy consoles because the PC isn't a console, not everyone has a gaming PC, and the vast majority of people who want to play games on their big TV while sitting in their Lazy Boy and eating snacks aren't going to lug their PC Tower into the living room.

Compare what you want, but the truth is that when people walk into a Walmart and look at the rack of games between PS3 and Xbox 360 very few go check to see if the ghost town of a PC section has any of the same games.

He just didnt like the list I made because Sony wasnt winning but it is still true. Even when you look at Microsoft published games this gen compared to Sony microsoft outsells sony by 30 million

Better thread in my opinion - 360 has way too many games that are cross-platform with PC, and not enough diversity in real exclusives (Fable and Halo actually being only one that I really do care about). That's the reason why I go with PS, I counted at least 6 franchises I care about that I can't play anywhere else - for me, that's the very definition of "exclusive".

Why did you have to include the Kinect statement??? Just a question.

I mean, you might aswell get Halo 3 out, GT5 out,UC3 out, Sports Champions out, Forza 3 out if you're not going to count "Hard bundled" exclusives. Whatever the hell that meant. 

Yay!!!

kain_kusanagi said:

There's a difference between a dedicated gaming PC and a gaming capable PC.

Lots of people already own gaming capable PCs/laptops and a significant proportion of them may be relatively casual gamers for whom a console is an unneccessary expense, especially if a game is available for both platforms.

And most PC games are downloaded now.

It's not the best year to be a Sony fan. Let 'em have this one.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢