By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Financial Report is IN

of particular note is that apparently they no longer expect to make GCs and GBs.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network
albionus said:

Neat, I didn't know Japanese still counted years based on when the current emperor ascended to the throne. I have no idea what the specifics of the report are but I sure saw a lot of up triangles littered throughout it.

The english link has been posted already ;)

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2007/070426e.pdf

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I figure the Japanese market is in decline, Nintendo is very conservative with their financial predictions (see their raising of this years one 4 times by 26% in total, so it's possible that at that rate they will get to 25million Wii's (however I can't tell if it's production capped at 20 million).

BTW I believe Sony's financials will be released later this evening... not sure.

Yeah but you have adjusted to 6.41 ...the Nintendo report (and I dont think they are putting numbers to look worse ) says 5.84 million consoles sold .Its still some 550K off .

Around the Network
ioi said:

We have been tracking a little high in "Others" but for Japan and NA we were spot on, remember that we are nearly at the end of April now...

We have adjusted the front page data accordingly. Remember that data for "others" is always going to be the least accurate since we simply don't get all the data and have to make a number of projections / extrapolations.

I'm sure you know this, but these figures up to date of March 31st only ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

And 39 million DS .....you should adjust that too .

Diomedes1976 said:
Yeah but you have adjusted to 6.41 ...the Nintendo report (and I dont think they are putting numbers to look worse ) says 5.84 million consoles sold .Its still some 550K off .

It is NOT 550K off... The report is for sales until the end of March, we're almost in the end of April!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Here is another article:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=24558

Highlights:

"Net profit stood at YEN 174.3 billion (EUR 1.1 billion / USD 1.4 billion / GBP 731 million) - a year-on-year increase of 77.2 per cent. "

"Nintendo expects strong sales to continue, predicting global DS sales of 22 million units and 130 million games for 2007/8. The forecast for Wii is 14 million consoles and 55 million software titles.

The company also raised its financial forecasts for the year - consolidated sales are predicted to increase by nearly 18 per cent, while Nintendo said profits will be up by almost 20 per cent to reach YEN 270 billion (EUR 1.66 billion)."

A little more bullish than I expected (12-13m Wii, 20m DS). Nice figures, takes the Wii to 20m globally end of March '08 (1.6m / month - almost double the old shipment rate). DS figures are not unexpected.

The profit figures are, however, excellent. Im not sure what the highest figures Nintendo has ever posted are - but these have to be close (if not exceeding) those figures.

I wonder how Nintendo shares have reacted :)

EDIT - ooops my figures are off - its 14m, not 20 :( See below post...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

14 Million Wii systems works out to (basically) 1 Million systems per month and an aditional 2 Million consoles over the holiday period. It is a very conservative estimate but I suspect that is because of the type of report it is; shareholders are going to be far happier if you end up having to boost your sales projections every quarter then if you reduce your projections every quater.