By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Financial Report is IN

I just want to know what exactly the CEO of Nintendo is smoking when he made a claim that the Wii and DS will sell over a combined 300 million units. When someone in that position states a goal of that, how will it look to Nintendo stockholders should they only hit 180-200 million units combined? There is nothing wrong with setting a goal, but I would find it hard to believe that they would sell that many units over their lifespan.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network
jjseth said:
I just want to know what exactly the CEO of Nintendo is smoking when he made a claim that the Wii and DS will sell over a combined 300 million units. When someone in that position states a goal of that, how will it look to Nintendo stockholders should they only hit 180-200 million units combined? There is nothing wrong with setting a goal, but I would find it hard to believe that they would sell that many units over their lifespan.

Um... I believe that was 300 million pieces of SOFTWARE, as a "middle-to-long-term" (something like that) goal.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

OriGin said:
Nintendo don't make that it's GameFreak which is part of Pokemon Company which is then part of Nintendo, and dispite sales I don't really classify that as the type of RPG that interests me... I don't like Pokemon games, haven't and never will. I don't think Pokemon games are suited towards the JRPG lover like me, thus I think that Monolith will be a great asset.

ah I didn't know it was second party. However, Nintendo does own the company, technically they do ow a good RPG team (even if they make RPG's that don't interest you)

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

MMM i suppose so, but is it really that good? Or does it just sell because people are so crazy about it? It is essentially the same game as Red and Blue... there is so much they could do with the Pokemon series and they seem to just skimp on it terribly and milk it for all its worth. I dunno, I don't really classify it as a GOOD RPG, but I can understand where you're coming from. So many people love the shit outta that play style.

johnlucas said:

You know this news only makes me wanna put this on.

Tendo Luv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_rAm7cYgNQ

Gotta love this guy for putting this together. The Nintendo anthem.

Bounce with me Kwaad! 

John Lucas

John my boy , you have just won yourself a pile of internet's and some cookie's.

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Around the Network
Punisher said:
johnlucas said:

You know this news only makes me wanna put this on.

Tendo Luv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_rAm7cYgNQ

Gotta love this guy for putting this together. The Nintendo anthem.

Bounce with me Kwaad!

John Lucas

John my boy , you have just won yourself a pile of internet's and some cookie's.

I hope they're chocolate chip, that's my fave. Thanks for the prop, Punisher. I hope you're loving it as much as I am!

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!