By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - metal gear solid 4 predictions

kingofwale said:
I predict that if they release a demo a few weeks before release and do a WW simultaneous release, they can probably do 750K in day 1 (250K US, 200K Japan and 300K Others).

but anything can happen, if it's released within 2 weeks of GTAIV, it will only stay ontop until GTAIV comes out. So if it's 1 week ahead, it's screwed.

Please do a Mid March release please!

MGS is summer so not much coming out thats this big is scale so if not other big games and release in all the major regions id put it at close to a million.... and if it does that MGS online will be fun as hell with that many peeps and they will have made their money back easy.

Around the Network

MGS 4 will do well first week, maybe about 750k, but the legs will be tremendous, the best by far on PS3 so far. I can see lifetime sales of 5 million ++ for this anticipated title!

Mummel@ Would be awesome if true, however Im more leaning towards 3~4 million.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

rukusa said:
Mummel@ Would be awesome if true, however Im more leaning towards 3~4 million.

Picture this; early 2009, a PS3 bundled with MGS 4 and FFXIII for 350$... I see sales. It is an optimistic figure, I know, but it's actually possible if the install base grows rapidly (and I think it will).

The thing is that it's the second time I think that Kojima said that this MSG will be the last and last time he told it it didn't affect the sell that much other then the 3rd sold less then the second one. I think that this game will sell most in Europe, do good for a ps3 game in japan (same as Hot Shot Golf) but will see very disappointing sell in US compare to last MGS games because MGS series sells has been on a decline in US add to that that PS3 games are really not selling well in general. There also the fact that I think that US prefer a more realistic game and FPS for war games.

Around the Network

I think it'll do at least 4 mln.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |