By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - metal gear solid 4 predictions

ClaudeLv250 said:
....ROFFLE!

Someone please necro this thread when MGS4 is released.

There will be 20m PS3 users by the end of 2009 so ..

LOL

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

I have not bought any MGS games but I will buy this one. My friend was telling me to play them and he loaned me the 2nd one which he said was crap compared to the first one. I enjoyed it kind of fun.

The thread is titled MGS4 predictions, and people are of course getting defensive about the wii.

the wii is god and the lord of the earth. It will sell 2 million a month from now and forever, blah .. . . .etc.. we get it.

@ OP , Your enthusiasm is uplifting, and I agree with much of what you said.
I am eager to see the marketing push that Sony throws behind this game. I guarantee it will be the biggest of any Metal Gear game.

I think the game will have great legs, more so than people think.

I will even say , Its lifetime sales will excede the previous metal gear games IMO.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

You guys realize that is will number 1 for one month. Its releasing in June and major game release is near it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Come on, the OP doesn't REALLY believe what he just posted, but on this site, if you want to get noticed you have to post something controversial.

Around the Network

Im gonna say the sales will go execellent in Europe, very good in Japan, and.... great in America.

America has somewhat turned their trust away from the PS3, anything that gets out on the PS3 will get belittled in the US.

However everywhere else its going to reach great heights.

But sales to be 1 million day one?... its plausible, I cant say much else.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Three certainties:

1.) MGS4 will get great reviews.

2.) MGS4 will sell millions and be the PS3's biggest selling exclusive (at that point).

3.) MGS4 getting a 100% attachment is the most ridiculous prediction since "the Wii will sell 750m".

No game in history has ever or will ever have a 100% attachment rate. Not even wii sports.

@ Aj_habfan

I think you're probably right.

ok some of your predictions are realistic. Week one sales of 1 million WW are quite possible. Europe and America could see those hardware sales, but I very much doubt it. I think you've been confused by the recent holiday sales. There is absolutely 0% chance of 800k for the month in Japan. Considering MGS sells about 800k lifetime in Japan, predicting that 800k consoles will be sold (and going by your 100% attach rate theory, more than 800k copies of MGS) in one month is completely ludicrous.

And there is no way that it will remain number 1 in all three territories for 4 weeks in a row.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Does this guy seem like Leo-j to anyone else? Joins the same day Leo is banned, has the same kind of delusional optimism for anything PS3 related, and is about as good at spelling. Oh, and his zodiac is Leo. =P

Actually, I own a Ps3 and I don't a crap about this game. And yes I have played MGS 1, 2, 3

The 360 won't bomb, the Ps3 won't sell out past 100 million, the Wii will. Over all predictions, NINTENDO IS BACK IN FIRST BITCHES!