By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - metal gear solid 4 predictions

hi im new here iv been looking at vg for awile now looking at everybodys predictions, now its time for some of my own. now im very CONFIDENT that the sales im gonna predict is gonna happen, if you dont like it, or believe it thats too bad. i feel strongly about it and i feel this is whats gonns happen.                                                                                                                                                                               i predict mgs4 WILL sell 1million copies on day 1( or across 3 days since its shipping 1 day or more apart in each regeion)  the attach rate will be 100% alongside ps3,  japans hardware sales for one month will be 7- 800,000 or around 200,000 a week or more, in america hardware sales for the month will be 530,000, in the u.k  it will be 725,000( playstation name is stronger overe there)  and i predict mgs4 will the first ps3 game to stay at #1 for 4 weeks strait on american, japan, and u.k sales charts.                                                                                                              

Around the Network

wow lol um im a huge fan of sony and MGS4 but i dont think so lol.

saprano1 could you write a little bigger? I can barely read your post.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

lol

I really dont have a good guess because the previous Metal Gear Solids were on Playstation when it was the number one console and had a huge userbase.  For sure MGS 4 will sell in the millions, but other than that I dont have a good guess..

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

Around the Network

Um alright.

lol. 100% attach rates. lol. #1 for four weeks. lol. No.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

now before anybody says.....mgs fans dont care about the game anymore(i do) or mgs never sells that well......... this mgs is a new beast: its kojimas last game, its on next-gen hardware, it has an intro thats NEVER been done before, and this is the LAST mgs game. im pretty sure everyone wants to play it.

welcome, not bad for a first prediction.

MGS is a very frontloaded game so you could be right, first days sales are guarenteed for day 1... legs depend more on reviews for the game.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

you guys are crazy if you think its not staying at #1 for that long. just wach