By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Rumor: Darth Vader to Return in Episode VII?!

Personally, I wouldn't actually mind Sidious coming back--he seems like an evil you can never truly kill.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Such a move would actually make the most sense logically speaking. Not as the primary antagonist necessarily, and honestly I don't know why some of you jumped right to that conclusion. Think more along the lines of a force that sets in motion a chain of events that culminate long after his death. His death doesn't necessarily mean that some long range plan hadn't been set in motion years before his death.

Which ironically enough would really redeem Vader as a villain. Think about it for a moment was Vader really all that impressive. Technically speaking he should have been conniving long and hard trying to find a way not just to unseat the Emperor, but seize control of his holdings. No matter what the old manipulator had cooked up to stop him even after he was dead. Which is really hard, because the guy has the force, a massive fleet, and has a real desire to build a number of planet obliterating weapons.

Turn Vader into a long term schemer like the Emperor, and it actually completes a logical train of thought. There is a rule laid out in the movies, and the majority of the audience isn't going to be thinking of some novels set in a expanded universe when it comes to this. There are only two Sith in the galaxy. If there were two, and then there were none. Then how can there be a new villain, or a supporting cast. Especially when the Empire has fallen. You as a writer would need to explain where the new Sith came from. A legacy of Vader is the only logical choice.

All you need to do is have Vader mustering a secret force outside of the Empires space lead by his very own very secret apprentice set to launch a surprise invasion at a preset time decades later. Granted it all seems a little bit cliche, but I just thought that one up in a few minutes. Another possible scenario that might work just as well is to expand the beginning of the prequels.

I really don't like the whole origin story for Anakin Skywalker. It has never sat right with me given who he actually becomes all of half way through the story. The whole bit about prophecies, and a blatant ripoff of just about all the demigod myths. Well it just seemed really silly even for Star Wars. Given what he becomes half way through the story. He comes across more as a Trojan Horse then a Messiah figure. Which would really up the ante for the convoluted reasoning already at play in his story.

I mean we already have a allusion to a Sith creating life in the Prequels. How beautiful would it be for a unknown Sith to have been going around cooking up children that would explode in the hands of anyone who played with them. Hell you could even have that Sith being the one that created the prophecy in the first place.

Anyway the point is this. Vader making a reappearance wouldn't necessarily be a detriment to the next movie, or to the franchise. There are a lot of ingenious ways he could be used, and frankly it really helps with the whole continuity.

morenoingrato said:
While I do think this is a bad move, I really think hardcore SW should give Disney a chance before dooming them to hell.

Exactly. I don't know why so much drama if we still have no concrete details. I'm not a fan of Disney, but working together with George Lucas, and with all the money they have, the movie probably will end up being good.

We need moar Zelda, now!

We need moar Unchartedzz!

We need less DLCs.

NightDragon83 said:

Confirmed: Star Wars sequels to be as shitty as the prequels.

Seriously though, if any of the writing / producing staff of the movie are actually seriously thinking about implementing Darth Vader in any shape or form, it will re-rape everything about Star Wars that the prequels have already raped. Darth Vader was turned and the end of Jedi and basically went back to being plain old Anakin once again. Attempting to shoe-horn him into the sequels for the sole purpose of marketing gimmick is something that even Lucas wouldn't do.

Edit:  Why oh why can't they just make the Timothy Zahn trilogy into movies?

Because that'd be all too easy...

Episode 7 to suck balls confirmed.. Wow this film will be awful.

Around the Network

I'm sure there is a story about Starkiller somewhere that can be thrown into the mix. I know Starkiller was around between Ep. 3-4 but when there is money to be made, there is always a way. Even if it just shows Vader training him, that still counts as him being in the movie.

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

if they do it right it could actually be the main plot of the movie, to keep you wondering if it is really him or someone posing as him.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Well this is stupid

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I don't think they'd ever bring him back, but they should include his force spirit to help the transition from Episode 6 to 7 I think :)

Youre supposed to try and bring it back, Disney. Not rape its corpse.