By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Rumor: Darth Vader to Return in Episode VII?!

Star Wars VII: Will Darth Vader 'Rise from the Ashes'?

Rumor has it the Sith Lord will return for Disney's Star Wars film.

Okay, here's your crazy-ass Star Wars rumor of the day. As we know, Darth Vader bites it in Return of the Jedi -- like, full-on roasts in a fire, turns into a ghost, end of story, right? Well, according to the British tabloid Express.co.uk, an "industry insider" claims that Disney is looking to resurrect the iconic villain for Star Wars: Episode VII.

"He's an integral part of the franchise. Replacing him is virtually impossible," one source says. "The plan is for him to return and play a significant role in the new films."

As /Film notes, it's important to keep in mind that tabloid sites -- especially from the U.K. -- are not exactly renowned for their Hollywood accuracy, so it's best to take this news with a big block of salt. After all, Michael Arndt was only just confirmed to be penning the feature a few days ago. On the other hand, it's also unwise to completely write off the power of marketability, of which Darth Vader has a small moon's worth.

As for how you go about resurrecting a dead Sith Lord, the insider added, "This is science fiction, remember... Darth Vader will rise from the ashes."

Hey, Darth Maul did it, right?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/13/star-wars-vii-will-darth-vader-rise-from-the-ashes

What do you guys think? Is this the right move by Disney? Am I the only one raging right now?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

I told ya it would be a stupid idea to make Episode 7....

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That said, I'd be all right if he appeared as a Force Ghost, Obi-Wan style. Fully bringing him back would destroy ALL of the emotional impact of Return of the Jedi.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That said, I'd be all right if he appeared as a Force Ghost, Obi-Wan style. Fully bringing him back would destroy ALL of the emotional impact of Return of the Jedi.

Fuck, I know!! This is a whole new childhood raping never before seen if true

Simple solution: he has a clone/someone else puts on his stupid suit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:

Would still suck so much ass and be the worst movie everzzz

While I do think this is a bad move, I really think hardcore SW should give Disney a chance before dooming them to hell.

Signalstar said:

Luke Vader?

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

It's a British tabloid. That lends it about as much credibility as The Onion.

I couldn't even see George Lucas trying to do that and that says something.

I can't blame them. He is one of the most iconic movie villians... also, his reveal was the only reason i stuck it out in episodes 1-3 (and was left utterly dissapointed) and I'm sure many others felt this way too