By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Rumor: Darth Vader to Return in Episode VII?!

hmm... i thought only sidious returns? to me, this would be a bad idea and would make a lot of star-wars-fans angry as they read the novels and already know what will happen can canonically.

Around the Network

And here I thought that The Force Unleashed series had a fucked up story... (which is why I never bought it.)

Still, I'm pretty sure this won't happen. Someone probably heard of Anakin's ghost making an appearance and twisted it into some news worthy story.

Well I can imagine them bringing him back as a spirit that talks to Luke now and again. Like Obi-Wan did in the originals. For obvious reasons I can't see him coming back as he was in the physical form.

But I think I'm done with this series. I love the Timothy Zhan books that take place after the original trilogy, but theres no way anything they do will touch the quality of those books. I say that based on the quality of the prequel trilogy, which I think has spoiled the original trilogy somewhat.

And so begin a long line of rumours for the most anticipated movie of all time.

Most rumors will be fake...as this one is...I hope fans will save their anger for if the film disappoint..not over rumors like this.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

There's just no way. The character is dead. Maybe Anakin will reappear in a ghostly form, but how do you just resurrect someone who clearly died and become one with the Force?

Although if J.J. Abrams is directing, all bet are off. Alternaverse, Coruscant destroyed, Ewoks travel back in time, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

Around the Network

The only way this could work and not completely suck if it's a ploy by Imperials/Sith remnants to try and restore the Empire to former glory by using an imposter/cloned Vader (ie: Thrawn does this, same thing with Palpatine too I think in Dark Empire).

But he couldn't be a central character he'd have to be a decoy. And of course Luke would be prompted to get to the bottom of it, and perhaps he's kept Anakin's identity secret for so many years that the truth coming out could shake his standing in the New Republic/Jedi Order.

That actually might be kinda interesting.

I agree with the general consensus of

Mr Khan said:
I can't imagine that anyone would allow that to go down. Lambast Lucas as we do, he did make it perfectly clear that Anakin/Vader's story was over.

What would make the most sense would be to say that the prequel trilogy belonged to Anakin, the sequels to Luke, and the original trilogy to both.

Though that begs the question of who they will bring in to replace the older cast, or if they'll place it far enough in the future that the original cast can reprise their roles

I've said it before, and i'll say it again.

If they want to do it that way...  Wouldn't it make sense to focus on a child of Han and Leia?

With Luke Being in the Kenobi role... raising them in the force as new Sith remenants take over.

Maybe even have two of them, one turning evil.