By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - “Halo 4” Makes Entertainment History with More Than $220 Million in Global Sales in the First 24 Hours

I don't like Master Chief's voice. It's not deep enough and has a robotic overlay. And he seems to be monotone even in times of ultimate crisis.

Around the Network
Fifaguy360 said:

I don't like Master Chief's voice. It's not deep enough and has a robotic overlay. And he seems to be monotone even in times of ultimate crisis.

Yeah, I never got the whole jizz in the pants thing for Downes voice either. It doesn't necessarily bother me but Arby's voice smokes Chief's, Keith David FTW. But as far as the monotone thing, I'm sure it's intentional. He's NOT supposed to be phased by crazy shit going down all around him.

Since there is so much COD in here, I guess I should mention that I signed on to H4 about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. ago and there were like 400+k playing. I don't even think it's half that now. I can't imagine it's a normal drop off in that amount of time.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

toadslayer72 said:
Fifaguy360 said:

Yeah, I never got the whole jizz in the pants thing for Downes voice either. It doesn't necessarily bother me but Arby's voice smokes Chief's, Keith David FTW. But as far as the monotone thing, I'm sure it's intentional. He's NOT supposed to be phased by crazy shit going down all around him.

Since there is so much COD in here, I guess I should mention that I signed on to H4 about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. ago and there were like 400+k playing. I don't even think it's half that now. I can't imagine it's a normal drop off in that amount of time.

Well it's now 2:36 am in EST North America and it's a workday/schoolday so adults and kids alike would be ...should be asleep.. and in Europe people will be just getting ready for school and work.

BenVTrigger said:
Nsanity said:
Why are people bringing up Call Of Duty?

Insecurities Im guessing.

Some people wanted Halo 4 to flop.  It did amazing so now some people have to bring up COD to try and spin the numbers

Or it might be because Halo 4 released slightly before the biggest game of the Year. Which is in the same genre and could affect sales.

Throwing accusations like that around actually makes YOU look insecure.

Someone (I don't want to name who) is trying every way to downgrade the success of Halo 4. WTF?

Around the Network

good sales,amazing exclusive for 360,seems looks a great game to play for the FPS'ers

interesting to see earleir in the thread taht there have not really been any big exclusives except for halo 4,one piece did well but not much else

Above & Beyond

ethomaz said:

D-Joe said:

So why count out this?I understand if count out LE console since NPD didn't track it

The $220m is the average sales of LE ($99) and standard edition ($59)...

500k LE ($99) = $45m
$220m - $45 = 175$ for SE = ~3,000k

So 3,500k units but the EU sales is more expensive so aroun 3.3 million units sold in day one... the number can be 3.1 million too but over 3.3 million is almost impossible with this revenue.

I think Microsoft is not counting the SE bundled with 360.

I don't think taxes count as revenue, do they ?
60€ for a game - 11,4€ (19% tax) = 48,6€ = $61,6

@Carl2291

Nah it aint me w8th the insecurities. I dont even care about games on a personal level. I think they are fun and mostly come here just to debate stuff.

But I could care less if a game or consoles sells 100 copies or 100 million as long as the stuff I like does well enough to get sequels or get support. Ive just been a member of this site long enough that I know most of the users agendas on here

Take that top 10 highest grossing movies in it's first 24hrs

Halo 4 Sets Two Australian Sales Records
Who needs movies when we have video games?!

Tynan Muddle November 14th, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Microsoft’s epic blockbuster Halo 4 is smashing sales records globally since its recent launch, and that includes Australian records.

The publisher today announced Halo 4 had generated over US$220 Million in 24 hours, overtaking the biggest movie blockbuster in 2012.

We will, of course, forgive the fact that games cost about nine times the amount of a movie ticket, but then again popcorn is where they get you…

Australia continued the global success of Halo 4 setting two new local records. In its first week Halo 4 has become the largest ever Halo launch in Australia as well as the largest Xbox 360 game launch of 2012.

The release of Halo 4 propelled lifetime sales for the Halo franchise beyond US$3.38 billion, cementing its status as one of the most popular entertainment franchises in the world.

Halo 4 also shattered the record for the largest number of players in the history of the Halo franchise, with over 4 million players in the first five days. Users spent a total of 31.4 million hours playing Halo 4, pushing the total number of gameplay hours across the Halo franchise well beyond the five billion mark.

“We’re thrilled that Halo 4 has emerged as the biggest U.S. entertainment launch of the year,” said Phil Spencer, corporate vice president of Microsoft Studios.

“Thanks to the millions of fans worldwide who helped make this another record-breaking launch for the Halo franchise, Halo 4 is kicking off a strong holiday season and has become the must-have blockbuster experience of the year.”

Check out our review of Halo 4 here. What do you think of the biggest blockbuster of 2012? Let us know in the comments below!

http://aussie-gamer.com/news/halo-4-sets-two-australian-sales-records/#/vanilla/discussion/embed/?vanilla_discussion_id=0

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...