By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - “Halo 4” Makes Entertainment History with More Than $220 Million in Global Sales in the First 24 Hours

ethomaz said:

D-Joe said:

So why count out this?I understand if count out LE console since NPD didn't track it

The $220m is the average sales of LE ($99) and standard edition ($59)...

500k LE ($99) = $45m
$220m - $45 = 175$ for SE = ~3,000k

So 3,500k units but the EU sales is more expensive so aroun 3.3 million units sold in day one... the number can be 3.1 million too but over 3.3 million is almost impossible with this revenue.

I think Microsoft is not counting the SE bundled with 360.

The Limited Edition obviousky didnt have a 100% pick up rate in the first 24 hours so over 3.3 million is certainly possible

Around the Network

Quick breakdown

Halo 4” is on track to reach $300 million in global sales in the first week

In the first 24 hours of its release, “Halo 4” garnered more than $220 million worldwide

“Halo 4” also shattered the record for the largest number of players in the history of the “Halo” franchise, with over 4 million players in the first five days

Day-one sales of ‘Halo 4’ make it the biggest ‘Halo’ launch in GameStop history and the biggest game launch on any platform so far this year in our stores

“Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” has generated more than 46 million total views to date, including 39 million on Machinima.com’s YouTube channel alone

It's too bad that Halo 4's sales will likely crumble in week 2 because of Black Ops II.

yo_john117 said:
VGKing said:
ZaneWane said:
so much for halo being in decline

It is in the UK.

You can't say that off of one single week of a game's release. If it has good legs then you'd be wrong.

It could very well be in decline in the UK but one week is way too soon to judge (I'm sure you can appreciate that with all the flak the Vita and 3DS have gotten right after their release)

Fair enough.

360 fans need to support halo4 by skipping rehash COD!

Around the Network

And COD will mop the floor with it soon enough. Nice while it last though. Were it not for COD, Halo would be FPS to beat in any console, sale wise anyways.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Why are people bringing up Call Of Duty?

Nsanity said:
Why are people bringing up Call Of Duty?

Insecurities Im guessing.

Some people wanted Halo 4 to flop.  It did amazing so now some people have to bring up COD to try and spin the numbers

Lyrikalstylez said:
360 fans need to support halo4 by skipping rehash COD!

I'm doing my part, and I've been doing it since BLOPS1. 

jamesmarkus87 said:
It's too bad that Halo 4's sales will likely crumble in week 2 because of Black Ops II.

Then almost every game should be the same,only Just Dance 4 can still stand there