By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ballmer: Surface RT sales

Via engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/11/ballmer-says-microsoft-surface-sales-off-to-modest-start/

So what does this mean? It seems that the massive, record breaking lines where just isolated incidents. I have a feeling that they probably underperformed in the sales department.

Does the Pro model has a chance to rectify things, or other vendors will save the Windos 8 tablet market?

Discuss.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Meh sales

When people don't give the actual figures, its normally pretty bad.

this is SHOCKING! there is a certain person who literally would suck M$ D*** who will come in here and defend this and try and makes digs at the iPad.. can't wait

-moderated Kasz216

Withdrew my choice to buy RT when I found out that their cost to produce-RRP are 53% appart. The highest out of all tablets. Even Apple's.

Will wait for a gen 2.

Yay!!!

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:
this is SHOCKING! there is a certain person who literally would suck M$ D*** who will come in here and defend this and try and makes digs at the iPad.. can't wait

wih user name like that nobody will take you seriously

sully1311 said:

remind me of this one company who never gives out npd number

ZaneWane said:
sully1311 said:

remind me of this one company who never gives out npd number

People keep it civilized. This is ONLY about the performance of the Surface RT tablet, lets dont bring in old grudges

kowenicki said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

Reported.

OT

I will move from my iPad when the better tablets from Windows8 hit the market.  

There is no doubt Windows8 on tablets will be a success.  Zero doubt and zero chance it wont be massive.

Its the prime period of the year to launch a new device, it had one of the biggest marketing pushes ever, yet sales are still modest.

You trully bealive thyat other manufacturers entering and a more expensive device will make it an inbstant boom?

I for one, am sceptical.

Bomba, below expectations.

If they are already saying modest sales in public that is a very bad sign. Downplaying success is the last thing they will ever do, so if the marketing spin is "modest" sales that really means poor.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!