By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Kantor said:

As already revealed:

50) Tony Hawk's Underground (PS2/2003)

This was something of an impulse buy, quite a while after the original release. I remember hugely enjoying Pro Skater 1 and 2 on the PS1, but I felt that this was even better. It actually had a story mode with free-roam and a narrative that started somewhere and went somewhere! In between all of the skating, across multiple different environments and locales, something was happening. Top that off with a great offline multiplayer component, and I enjoyed Underground enough for it to make it into this exclusive list, if only just.

Tony Hawk was an amazing franchise. So many good memories with 1 and 2.

In fact, the original game is #51 on my list.

Around the Network

Talking about Tony Hawk huh?? I had mad Tony Hawk skills on 1-3. Just checked cause I was trying to figure out which one I had for GCN (was 3) and I realized that I must have left it over at an old friends house. I suppose that I can kiss that one good bye until I pick it up again off Amazon used.

Best person? Kareem Campbell considering he could grind better than almost anyone at the start. You get the most points grinding (and jumping up doing a quick flip) then more grinding then manual then more grinding, etc followed perhaps eventually with a rotating jump with a grab

Yesterday's riddle was so much fun, I'll do another.

Once again, I regard #49 as the last great entry in its series (more recent entries have pretty decent reviews but I tried one of them and didn't like it at all), and once again I don't see it ever improving. Although looking at the state of its publisher, it seems likely that the series will be picked up by somebody else, and then maybe it can be good again.

It was released in the same year as Tony Hawk's Underground, and I played it on the same platform.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

Once again, I regard #49 as the last great entry in its series (more recent entries have pretty decent reviews but I tried one of them and didn't like it at all), and once again I don't see it ever improving. Although looking at the state of its publisher, it seems likely that the series will be picked up by somebody else, and then maybe it can be good again.

It was released in the same year as Tony Hawk's Underground, and I played it on the same platform.

And it's a sports game.

Smeags said:
Kantor said:

And it's a sports game.

NBA Live?

Around the Network

Okay okay... I'll make a riddle as well...

Released in 1999. I (and many others) consider it the best game in its series. Most recent installment released last year. Hybrid Real Time/Turn Based Strategy game.

Smeags said:
Okay okay... I'll make a riddle as well...

Released in 1999. I (and many others) consider it the best game in its series. Most recent installment released last year. Hybrid Real Time/Turn Based Strategy game.

Heroes of Might and Magic III?

Kantor said:

We have a winner.

I guess I need to stop giving (obvious) hints.

Smeags said:
Kantor said:

We have a winner.

I guess I need to stop giving (obvious) hints.

VGC Detective

But yes, if you're going to name famous games, give more difficult hints

I've only played Heroes of Might and Magic 2. I liked it a lot though.