By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Veknoid_Outcast said:

I have a few to catch up on:

13. Banjo-Kazooie

12. Super Mario Bros. 3

11. StarCraft

Clue for #10:

The name of the protagonist is in the title, but it doesn't refer directly to him.

This was a couple pages back but I didn't see any answers, sorry if I missed one.

The Legend of Zelda:  A Link to the Past

Primarily an RPG player but have interest in any game that will make me think. 

Around the Network

Whoop. I just gonna listz them all the way to twelvez.

50- Infamous 2 (PS3)
49- Lost Odyssey (360)
48- Earthbound (SNES)
47- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (PSX)
46- Beyond the Beyond (PSX)
45- Mega Man 2 (NES)
44- Silent Hill 4: The Room (PS2)
43- Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
42- Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (PS3)
41- Street Fighter 4/Super Street Fighter 4/ Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition (PS3)
40- Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
39- Yakuza 4 (PS3)
38- Mega Man X5 (PSX)
37- DDR 2 (Wii exclusive)
36- Contra: Shattered Soldier (PS2)
35- Resident Evil (PSX)
34- Mega Man Legends (PSX)
33- Mega Man Legends 2 (PSX)
32- Tenchu (PSX)
31- Tekken 2 (PSX)
30- Pokemon Red/Blue (Gameboy)
29- Halo 3 (360)
28- Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)
27- Tekken Tag Tournament (PS2)
26- Super Smash Brothers Melee (Gamecube)
25- Super Mario World (SNES)
24- Mike Tyson’s Punch Out (NES)
23- DDR Super Nova 2 (PS2)
22- The Sims 3 (PC)
21- Resident Evil 2 (PSX)
20- Uncharted 2 (PS3)
19- Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2)
18- Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)
17- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask (N64)
16- Final Fantasy 2 U.S. (NES)
15- Final Fantasy 9 (PSX)
14- Assassin’s Creed (PS3)
13- Final Fantasy X (PS2)
12- Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2)

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Scoobes said:

Mr Khan's on a role:

11: This game is the second highest new entry to my list and was the first game to introduce multiplayer to its series.

Extra hint: It has a controversial ending... (this should give it away).

Mass Effect 3- Player2

10: An ambitious RPG that was 5+ years in the making but has a controversial sequel that did away with a lot of what made the original so enjoyable.

Extra Hint: This games was the origin of a new franchise.

9: This game has been re-released multiple times and spawned numerous spinoffs.

Extra Hint: Not all the spinoffs are video games.

8: This game introduced a new and popular Nintendo character.

Extra Hint: The main characters are on holiday when the Princess gets kidnapped, and they meet this character for the first time.

Super Mario World- Mr Khan

7: "Make me feel alive again!"

Extra Hint: Main character's name is David.

6: I did not steal your sweetroll! Why do you have a limp?

Extra Hint: The guy(s) with the limp started a whole new internet meme.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim- Mr Khan

5: This game featured Yvonne Strahovski on the box art.

Extra Hint: This game was criticised for removing RPG elements that were present in the original game.

3: "I never asked for this"... but I can punch through walls now!

Extra Hint: There are 3 games in the series. This is the most recent game and is a prequel.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution- Mr Khan

1: Look at my previous posts. In my first ever VGChartz post I sing its praises. It shouldn't be that difficult to figure out!

Extra Hint: The guy that made Epic Mickey lead the team that made this game.

Deus Ex- Mr Khan

10 - Dragon's Age: Origins.

5 - Mass Effect 2.

green_sky said:

11) Counterstrike - Fire in the hole baby. I am not most technical or best counterstrike player but i had loads of fun playing this game on lan parties with friends. The core gameplay is still relevant and community made maps and mods within the game are sure a joy to check out. I don't play it as much as i use back in days but it sure holds a fun and special place on my top 50 games of all time list. 

Hint for #10 - A fun racing game that came out over 10 years ago. If you are in the first place you better watch your back.

Mario Kart 64.

Player2 said:
green_sky said:

Hint for #10 - A fun racing game that came out over 10 years ago. If you are in the first place you better watch your back.

Mario Kart 64.

Yep. You rocked this guessing game Player2. 

Around the Network

Player2 will join us in coming up with a top 50 list of his own. Huzzah! :D

I'll add you to the list my good man. ^_^

Player2 said:
Scoobes said:

Mr Khan's on a role:

11: This game is the second highest new entry to my list and was the first game to introduce multiplayer to its series.

Extra hint: It has a controversial ending... (this should give it away).

Mass Effect 3- Player2

10: An ambitious RPG that was 5+ years in the making but has a controversial sequel that did away with a lot of what made the original so enjoyable.

8: This game introduced a new and popular Nintendo character.

Extra Hint: The main characters are on holiday when the Princess gets kidnapped, and they meet this character for the first time.

Super Mario World- Mr Khan

6: I did not steal your sweetroll! Why do you have a limp?

Extra Hint: The guy(s) with the limp started a whole new internet meme.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim- Mr Khan

Extra Hint: This game was criticised for removing RPG elements that were present in the original game.

3: "I never asked for this"... but I can punch through walls now!

Extra Hint: There are 3 games in the series. This is the most recent game and is a prequel.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution- Mr Khan

1: Look at my previous posts. In my first ever VGChartz post I sing its praises. It shouldn't be that difficult to figure out!

Extra Hint: The guy that made Epic Mickey lead the team that made this game.

Deus Ex- Mr Khan

10 - Dragon's Age: Origins.

5 - Mass Effect 2.

Correct!

Player2 seems to be on a role! Only 7 and 9 are left and both are Japanese games that were their series' first entries into 3D (not the kind with glasses)

Dragon Age Origins- Player2

Mass Effect 2- Player2

Scoobes said:

Player2 seems to be on a role! Only 7 and 9 are left and both are Japanese games that were their series' first entries into 3D (not the kind with glasses)

Dragon Age Origins- Player2

Mass Effect 2- Player2

9 - Final Fantasy VII?

7 - Metal Gear Solid.

not put anything here for a bit, damn Xmas being busy :D been... "fixing" a bunch of wiis to give to my familys who don't own one as a gift. nothing says Merry Xmas like a wii with a tiny 500gb hdd on it.

But yeah highlight games from the past weeks stuff

My 28 Tumblepop in the arcades, this was such a great game by data east. if you have mame handy and you've never heard of this I defo advice you give it a look, and it's not too unfair for an arcade game, Have finished it many times on a single credit fairly good value for money when you were a kid :D

27 Mario 3d land, absolutely perfection in portable 3d mario... 100%'d it all I can really say for anyone else who's done it, that toad on the last stage.. standing on the block waiting for you to jump on him.... I don't think I've ever wanted to kill a friendly character so much in my life.

25 The first Bioshock - My god this game was one of the first which I played on my 42in hd tv and wow such a great atmosphere throughout, I love heart clenching moments when you are just left alone in the dark waiting for something to kill you, sometimes this game just scared you to the point where you'd accept death over the pain of waiting for whatever it was that wanted you dead to just come and do the deed.

21 Gran Turismo 1 - First time getting my hands on this gem was on a rented out psx which didn't actually come with a memory card so for a whole weekend we played it and didn't power off the system, such a great game the start of "the real driving simulator"

20 Secret of Evermore - Mana's lesser known slightly weirder cousin, Great magic system in this game tho instead of having mp like most Square rpgs you have resources like crystals, clay, water and roots and different combos create different spells, so you needed to be careful using up acid rains on monsters since you'd have no water left for cures! great Snes rpg, finished it recently on my psp. holds up perfectly.

16 Forza 3 - one of my 1000 pt games on my 360 :D so much polish in this game, it's just got so much to do inside the cars before you bring them out onto any of the games beautiful courses, imo better than 4.... even tho 4's Bugatti Veyrons Air brake is animated outta the back of the car!

14 Elite Beat Agents - If you own a DS and you've not played this then... do! get some decent headphones and rattle off one of the best rhythm games you'll ever play, should point out, if you are one to get into games or go for the highest possible score maybe don't play this on your newest 3DSxl or so :D it does tend to punish the touchscreen a lot. Amazing music covers in this tho, some of this games covers have more playcounts in my itunes than their originals haha.

11 Tony Hawks pro Skater 3 - I can't stand skateboarding, stood on a mates board once and almost lost my jaw bouncing off the ground, But the tony hawks games... they are glorious imo THPS3 is the peak of just pure perfection, great mechanics for the skating and it was just before the explosion of Jackass all over the series which ruined it, This is my 2nd highest GC game on the list and much like the one that's yet to come, I can finish this game fully with 1hand :D (was looking for ways to give mates playing it an advantage one day and found I could still play just fine)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive