By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 720 or Playstation 4 will debut next year, says Activision

Actually think it will be the PS4.

PS - 94/95
PS2 - 2000
PS3 - 06/07

PSP - 04/05
PSV - 11/12

Between 6/7 Years per release. 2013 would follow the trend. That... And Sony are crying out loud for a popular, profit making machine.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

PS - 94/95
PS2 - 2000
PS3 - 06/07

PSP - 04/05
PSV - 11/12

Between 6/7 Years per release. 2013 would follow the trend. That... And Sony are crying out loud for a popular, profit making machine.

lol haven't you noticed already that this gen doesn't follow any trends?

Nintendo beating Sony, Xbox becoming the standard console, record long generation, consoles still being relatively expensive.

One thing we know for certain, and it's that the NextBox will be released during Holidays 2013. I personally believe PS4 will release at the same time too but we don't have as solid evidence for that yet.

Slimebeast said:
Carl2291 said:

PS - 94/95
PS2 - 2000
PS3 - 06/07

PSP - 04/05
PSV - 11/12

Nintendo beating Sony, Xbox becoming the standard console, record long generation, consoles still being relatively expensive.

One thing we know for certain, and it's that the NextBox will be released during Holidays 2013. I personally believe PS4 will release at the same time too but we don't have as solid evidence for that yet.

Microsfts Dev kits went out eraly this year. I believe Final dev kits have already gone out. Sony soesnt get its final dev kits out till next year. PS4 I expect either Spring 2014 or hopefully not for Sony 2014 Xmas.

They followed the 6/7 Year trend with PSP to Vita, Slimey!

No reason at all not to believe they will keep with the trend and have new HW ready for 2013. Even if its only in Japan.

selnor said:
Slimebeast said:
Carl2291 said:

PS - 94/95
PS2 - 2000
PS3 - 06/07

PSP - 04/05
PSV - 11/12

Microsfts Dev kits went out eraly this year. I believe Final dev kits have already gone out. Sony soesnt get its final dev kits out till next year. PS4 I expect either Spring 2014 or hopefully not for Sony 2014 Xmas.

You may be right that Sony is a step behind (I believe that too and they will struggle to meat their Holiday 2013 target) but final Nextbox devkits certainly aren't delivered. It's still a full 12 months before the Nextbox is released! The final design of the Nextbox GPU is probably not even tweaked yet and is far from being manufactured in required quantities.

I believe the current devkits aredecent estimates for the final hardware target of the Nextbox for the develeopers to work on, but history shows us that MS will provide more specific dev kits up until just a few months before release.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
They followed the 6/7 Year trend with PSP to Vita, Slimey!

No reason at all not to believe they will keep with the trend and have new HW ready for 2013. Even if its only in Japan.

What trend? Handhelds are a different story than home consoles I think. You can't draw conclusions from an earlier trend when there is no trend (the PSP was Sony's first handheld).

Dude, this gen is so special. X360 being seven years old and still going strong, a new Xbox is still at a rumour stage. Think about it. That's completely unheard of.

if we go by facts, the facts are that info about the PS4 are much more vague than they are about Nextbox, on geek hardware forums and elsewhere.

Also remember that leked document about the deal between Activions and Bungie about their new game? I think that was very worrying. They're multiplatform, everybody knows Bungie is now multiplatform and yet the PS4 version of their new game is supposed to come out one year later than the Nextbox version according to that document. I think that suggests that Sony is behind MS with their next gen plans.

I do think this is not only a bad thing but also a good thing since with one year extra of tech advancements it would mean there's lots of potential for the PS4 hardware to be very powerful.

That article is written by a moron.

"The reports concerning delays in the Xbox 720's processing chip surfaced back in September, which suggested there was no way the next Xbox would be coming out anytime during 2013.

Meanwhile, the Playstation 4 recently received reports of new dev kits being sent out to developers, with the final one coming sometime this next year."

How the hell do any of those two rumors suggest they wouldn't be putting out a console in 2013???? MSs processor issues are past them and there are later dev kits now. Sony's dev kitting is perfectly normal... hell the final version of WiiU kits barely hit devs in I think Q2 of this year... Fact is they'll both be out holiday 2013. We'll see them both this E3 by the LATEST and more than likely some sort of preview a lot earlier in 2013.

Neh, its all speculation.

I dont think the PS higher ups are silly enough to let MS and Ninty have a Year (or 2) headstart. Not after what happened to the PS3s first few Years.

I also think the PS4 will release between $350-$400 and be making profit with a Year.

babuks said:
KeptoKnight said:
To challenge the Wii-U or play catch up with the Wii-U? lol

By releasing a console Fall 2013 (Halloween-Christmas) Nintendo WILL have some serious quality software ready on board that holiday (for Wii-U and 3DS). I don't know if it will be wise to have a console release without a killer 1P. In other words can rushing a console release be a good thing or bad thing?

Since when Nintendo could compete with Sony's console (except casual players Wii). 

I take it you were born sometime after 2006?

N64 and Gamecube were both more powerful and technology leaders over PS1 and PS2 respectively. During that time, Sony also had all the "casual" games and so forth.

I do not think the PS4 nor the XBOX720 will be coming out at the end of the next year--both systems will debut at next year's E3,but you usually do not release a new system the same year of its debut.The last company that tried this was Sega,with the debut of the Sega Saturn,and we all remember how that turned out.

End of 2016 prediction

PS4:43M-46M

XBONE:28M-33M