By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 720 or Playstation 4 will debut next year, says Activision

DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
VGKing said:
DanneSandin said:
VGKing said:
DanneSandin said:
If Sony and Microsoft is launching new systems next year (which they should do) they need the gamez. We all know that games sell systems, and as it's looking right now we can't count on S&M's BIGGEST franchises to make it to launch. I'm pretty sure that SOME system seller will be there, but I don't think we'll be seeing the Big Guns until 2014. And with Wii U having a years head start S&M better have something else to lure gamers besides games to their consoles. And I don't think it'll be much better graphics than Wii U.

S&M could be in trouble if they release new systems next year, and they'll be in trouble if they DON'T release new systems next year... They better have a killer USP with their new consoles.

Oh, they will. That is guaranteed.

What? They will release new console or have killer USP's? I'm not talking games when refering to USP...

IT's guaranteed that PS4 and 720 will be much more powerful than the Wii U.

WTF is a USP?

Unique Selling Point. What Motion Control was to Wii.

Well, I guess we have to agree to disagree regarding the potential power how PS720; I don't think BOTH will be much more powerful than Wii U.

Looking back on what Cliffy B had to say about the consoles, Microsoft and Sony's graphics will be a vast shift from this gens graphics to being on par with this gens PC. Thats exactly how it was last gen, which is why PC devs even remotely shifted their interests to investing in consoles.

Well, even though CoD and Battlefield all looked better on PCs, they sold much better on PS360; so if they wanna compete with Wii U they better bring something else to the table as well.

^.^ Sad to say, they dont really have much. lol

Miscrosoft: Well take a look at that. Nintendo are sure making so much $$$ from motion sensing. Lets construct our own to steal some casual.

Sony: Well take a look at that. Seems Nintendo's motion sensing was such a good idea afterall. Lets try and follow suit! Charge!

Nintendo: Well take a look at those two. They are working on their motion sensing. As they work on that, I think its time we steal some core players.

In conclusion: Graphics is a thing of the past and motion sensing is a thing of the past. whats next? MS and Sony are now left behind. Iwata said it himself, "we need something new." I also remember three critial words during his interview, "is that it?"

Around the Network
KeptoKnight said:
DanneSandin said:

Well, even though CoD and Battlefield all looked better on PCs, they sold much better on PS360; so if they wanna compete with Wii U they better bring something else to the table as well.

Miscrosoft: Well take a look at that. Nintendo are sure making so much $$$ from motion sensing. Lets construct our own to steal some casual.

Sony: Well take a look at that. Seems Nintendo's motion sensing was such a good idea afterall. Lets try and follow suit! Charge!

Nintendo: Well take a look at those two. They are working on their motion sensing. As they work on that, I think its time we steal some core players.

In conclusion: Graphics is a thing of the past and motion sensing is a thing of the past. whats next? MS and Sony are now left behind. Iwata said it himself, "we need something new." I also remember three critial words during his interview, "is that it?"

Well, they better bring their A game since we can conclude that high end pc graphics isn't a major point ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I swear it is like it goes in one ear and out the other. Sony as a company is severely ailing. You would think that some of you would take half a decade of losses, massive layoffs, major sell offs, a major change in top management, and the stock prices hitting a thirty year low as something of a sign. Sony is not in a position financially speaking to go toe to toe with Microsoft again. They tried that already, and it lost the company billions of dollars with not much to show for all that pain.

Console launches are seriously expensive, and those costs multiply when it devolves into a technological arms race. That is being waged on a loss leading battle field. Microsoft has no problem waging such a campaign. They did exactly that this generation. They can sustain the up front losses, and still turn a serious profit on the back end of the equation. It isn't just a question of whether Sony could survive, but a question of whether the investors would tolerate even more losses. You're really advocating that the management should commit career suicide. How could they not make their number one priority doing the thing that the investors demand. Namely finding some way to just be profitable.

Now I am going to break some hearts here when I say this, and goddamn it this needs to be said. Sony doesn't need to win a console war that only Fanboys give a crap about. Sony needs to make money so they can start to grow again, and to calm anxious investors. In other words Sony would be glad to be a year late, and to sell a quarter of what Microsoft sells as long as they are guaranteed to make safe money on that arrangement. Which is something altogether feasible. Winning the next generation of console sales shouldn't be their priority at all.

You can spin all kinds of Blue Ocean scenarios from dusk till dawn. Those ideas probably wouldn't benefit you as a real gamers, or a brand loyalists. You want a technological marvel PS4 to play. You don't want some casual knock off, or a underpowered piece of shit. You want a machine that can live up to your standards and your expectations. That said it is in your best interests for Sony to take longer getting to market.

I really don't see why Sony would even want to release the same year as Microsoft. The brand loyalty they enjoy is very strong, and frankly as far as I see it unjustified. So there just isn't a lot of downside to waiting. Lower sales is more then a fair tradeoff for greater profitability, and more importantly much reduced risks. As for all the what if scenarios about the PS3 you should all realize it is a trade off situation.

The price point was a detractor, but the over engineering was a attractor. Sure there were a lot of people that refused to buy the machine, because of the price. That said there were a number of people who gladly paid that price for the perceived value on offer. I know a lot of people here bought the machine strictly for chest thumping purposes. Are a lot of you saying that was all bullshit, or that it was completely false, and you feel fleeced today. If the latter is the case then why are you so excited about a successor. I mean high priced is pretty bad all on its own, but over priced would seem to be far worse.

KeptoKnight said:
DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
VGKing said:
DanneSandin said:
VGKing said:
DanneSandin said:
If Sony and Microsoft is launching new systems next year (which they should do) they need the gamez. We all know that games sell systems, and as it's looking right now we can't count on S&M's BIGGEST franchises to make it to launch. I'm pretty sure that SOME system seller will be there, but I don't think we'll be seeing the Big Guns until 2014. And with Wii U having a years head start S&M better have something else to lure gamers besides games to their consoles. And I don't think it'll be much better graphics than Wii U.

S&M could be in trouble if they release new systems next year, and they'll be in trouble if they DON'T release new systems next year... They better have a killer USP with their new consoles.

What? They will release new console or have killer USP's? I'm not talking games when refering to USP...

WTF is a USP?

Well, I guess we have to agree to disagree regarding the potential power how PS720; I don't think BOTH will be much more powerful than Wii U.

Looking back on what Cliffy B had to say about the consoles, Microsoft and Sony's graphics will be a vast shift from this gens graphics to being on par with this gens PC. Thats exactly how it was last gen, which is why PC devs even remotely shifted their interests to investing in consoles.

Sony was a generation ahead of them when it came to motion sensing tech.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
VGKing said:
DanneSandin said:
VGKing said:
DanneSandin said:

WTF is a USP?

ooooo right like these in particular...

released 2010

released 2005 "Nintendo licensed a number of motion-sensing patents from Gyration Inc (2001)."

* BACK ON TOPIC: The point is MS/S at the moment dont have much to pull the crowd.

Like DanneSandin states: Well, they better bring their A game since we can conclude that high end pc graphics isn't a major point ^^

Around the Network

^^
The Move is actually much more accurate than the Wiimote. I mean it came out in 2010 compared to 2006 for the Wii, its only natural. I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't updated the tech.(Motion Plus not that much of an update)

LMAO at nintendo fanboys, wii-u wont sell like wii and Sony and NS have nothing to fear from nitendo, amazing how quickly people forgetwhere n was in the N64 gamecube days.

FatalInertia said:
LMAO at nintendo fanboys, wii-u wont sell like wii and Sony and NS have nothing to fear from nitendo, amazing how quickly people forgetwhere n was in the N64 gamecube days.

Would you mind backing that statement up? I can see Wii U being top dog? My reasoning? Just have a look in my sig and follow the link.

KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
VGKing said:
DanneSandin said:
VGKing said:
DanneSandin said:

WTF is a USP?

ooooo right like these in particular...

released 2010

released 2005 "Nintendo licensed a number of motion-sensing patents from Gyration Inc (2001)."

* BACK ON TOPIC: The point is MS/S at the moment dont have much to pull the crowd.

Like DanneSandin states: Well, they better bring their A game since we can conclude that high end pc graphics isn't a major point ^^

Sony was working on the move well before 2005. More like 2003-2004. Immediately after they launched the first Eyetoy last gen and ushered in competent motion control gaming (without proper marketing), R&D went back to the drawing board and decided the Eyetoy needed to be motion tracked via extra peripherals.

Trim dem treeees!!!