By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 720 or Playstation 4 will debut next year, says Activision

Both will be out holiday season of 2013, mark my words it's too obvious that it's going to happen.

Around the Network
selnor said:

To early?

PS3 released to late. Any later and we wouldnt be talking about PS3  today.

The funny thing about that is the media and internet were convinced ps3 would come out and destroy 360. If we believe them it would be 360 we wouldn't be talking about today.

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

so nov 13 it is then

Above & Beyond

superchunk said:
babuks said:
KeptoKnight said:
To challenge the Wii-U or play catch up with the Wii-U? lol

By releasing a console Fall 2013 (Halloween-Christmas) Nintendo WILL have some serious quality software ready on board that holiday (for Wii-U and 3DS). I don't know if it will be wise to have a console release without a killer 1P. In other words can rushing a console release be a good thing or bad thing?

Since when Nintendo could compete with Sony's console (except casual players Wii). 

I take it you were born sometime after 2006?

N64 and Gamecube were both more powerful and technology leaders over PS1 and PS2 respectively. During that time, Sony also had all the "casual" games and so forth.

He was referring to 'sales' with the words 'catch up'. Show me the numbers plz when Sony played 'catch up'.

the_dengle said:
007BondAgent said:
sony needs to be the first one out this time.

Unless they can reveal, market, manufacture, and ship consoles to stores within the next 8 days -- and don't forget the launch line-up -- I don't think it's gonna happen.

Honestly, I think Sony could benefit from being the last console out. The PS3 launched too early if anything, and they shouldn't repeat that mistake.

Sony needs to be the first one out. They were the last ones out last time and it did not serve them well.

Around the Network
babuks said:
superchunk said:
babuks said:
KeptoKnight said:

By releasing a console Fall 2013 (Halloween-Christmas) Nintendo WILL have some serious quality software ready on board that holiday (for Wii-U and 3DS). I don't know if it will be wise to have a console release without a killer 1P. In other words can rushing a console release be a good thing or bad thing?

Since when Nintendo could compete with Sony's console (except casual players Wii). 

N64 and Gamecube were both more powerful and technology leaders over PS1 and PS2 respectively. During that time, Sony also had all the "casual" games and so forth.

He was referring to 'sales' with the words 'catch up'. Show me the numbers plz when Sony played 'catch up'.

You must have been living under a rock sir because Sony has been playing the "catch up" game this whole generation. They only started to make money from the ps3 in the past year/half. They were basically sitting in 3rd place this whole gen while nintendo was sitting in 1st place swimming in their billions of dollars.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

S.T.A.G.E. said:
the_dengle said:
007BondAgent said:

Unless they can reveal, market, manufacture, and ship consoles to stores within the next 8 days -- and don't forget the launch line-up -- I don't think it's gonna happen.

Honestly, I think Sony could benefit from being the last console out. The PS3 launched too early if anything, and they shouldn't repeat that mistake.

Sony needs to be the first one out. They were the last ones out last time and it did not serve them well.

Again I'm sure its $600 price tag and the luke-warm reception to almost all its exclusives were mostly to blame. 

teigaga said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
the_dengle said:
007BondAgent said:

Again I'm sure its $600 price tag and the luke-warm reception to almost all its exclusives were mostly to blame. 

Thats true too. Sony actually outsold Microsofts first year even with a $600 price tag. It cut back how much they could've truly made though. They made the decision for a lot of people and Microsoft made their product so similar to people that they made the decision for the cheaper product.

benji232 said:
babuks said:
superchunk said:
babuks said:
KeptoKnight said:

You must have been living under a rock sir because Sony has been playing the "catch up" game this whole generation. They only started to make money from the ps3 in the past year/half. They were basically sitting in 3rd place this whole gen while nintendo was sitting in 1st place swimming in their billions of dollars.

Do you guys even read before replying? What happened to the people?

Activision, killing the fun both in and outside of videogames.

Though I guess it was to expected that they'd come out in 2013.