By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Beautiful Console Graphics Thread (Post your Pics and Vids)

Halo 4, GOW 3, and Uncharted 3 are the Kings. All those games are beautiful. Ill add some pics soon

Around the Network

Resistance Fall of Man:

Resistance 3:

Uncharted Drakes Fortune:

Ratchet & Clank All 4 One:

LittleBigPlanet 2:

Dark Souls:

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

selnor said:
brendude13 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

RULES:

1. Must be realtime in-engine. Cut-scenes are fine, but no prerendered stuff.

Ok, I'll go first. I'll probably post more later, but for now here's these:

Say whaaa?

Its a great sow to 343i that people think this is CGI. 

Well done 343i. 

Tis people is indeed using ingame engine. Only 2 CGI moments in Halo 4. And they look like real life or a high budget cgi from say Avatar.

Either way, that's a video file, which uses very few assets from the actual game, has been so heavily manipulated and has so many effects applied that it may as well be CGI. Uncharted 3 (and many pre-release "bullshots" of other games) is guilty of this as well in parts, but not on a level like this.

As for the CGI, I've heard that it's amazing. The CGI team behind the Halo games are very talented.

brendude13 said:
selnor said:
brendude13 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

RULES:

1. Must be realtime in-engine. Cut-scenes are fine, but no prerendered stuff.

Ok, I'll go first. I'll probably post more later, but for now here's these:

Say whaaa?

Its a great sow to 343i that people think this is CGI. 

Well done 343i. 

Tis people is indeed using ingame engine. Only 2 CGI moments in Halo 4. And they look like real life or a high budget cgi from say Avatar.

Either way, that's a video file, which uses very few assets from the actual game, has been so heavily manipulated and has so many effects applied that it may as well be CGI. Uncharted 3 (and many pre-release "bullshots" of other games) is guilty of this as well in parts, but not on a level like this.

As for the CGI, I've heard that it's amazing. The CGI team behind the Halo games are very talented.

It's not a video file. It's not pre-rendered, it runs in real time, in-engine, but doesn't quite look like gameplay due to the focus on a different scale, no A.I. etc.
That's at least what I'm getting. But definitely no video file.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network

Limbo (XBLA/PSN)

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet (XBLA)

Rayman Origins (X360/PS3)

Journey Collector's Edition w/ Flower & flOw (PS3)

Sine Mora (XBLA/PSN)

Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)

Shadow of the Colossus (PS2) HD Remaster (PS3)

Resident Evil (Gamecube)

Dust: An Elysian Tale (XBLA)

Barozi said:
brendude13 said:

It's not a video file. It's not pre-rendered, it runs in real time, in-engine, but doesn't quite look like gameplay due to the focus on a different scale, no A.I. etc.
That's at least what I'm getting. But definitely no video file.

I'm not sure what selnor is referring to by "in-engine", but basically, you have in-game cutscenes which look exactly the same as gameplay, cutscenes which are commonly referred to as "in-engine" which use assets or similar assets from the game because it's cheaper and more consistent but it's actually pre-rendered, and you have CGI cutscenes.

I don't want to push my points too much, as I could be wrong, but that's what I have gathered over the past few years looking at games like Final Fantasy XIII and Uncharted 3.

Anyway, with the "in-engine" cutscenes, developers can improve post-processing effects, detail and draw distance as it's not actually taxing the system's hardware. Many of the cutscenes in Final Fantasy XIII and Uncharted 3 are actually pre-rendered, but it's quite subtle. I find it hard to believe that Halo 4 shot is in-game. The anti-aliasing is far better than it is in-game and I doubt the 360 is rendering those clouds and that airship. It's a very simplistic shot, so it's hard to tell.

EDIT: Just opened the screenshot in another window, it's 2560 x 1440 resolution.

snfr said:

http://0.tqn.com/d/xbox/1/0/R/V/talesvespsc6.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/866/866992/tales-of-vesperia-20080416012502767.jpg

http://gamerate.net/img/games/1838/big2.jpg

OMG IT'S BEAUTIFUL

I hate you NAMCO!

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.