By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Paper Mario: Sticker Star Review Thread!

I started playing the game. Even though you don't grow levels from the battles, something that encourages you to keep on battling is the fact that coins play an integral role in the games development, as well as collecting stickers. Some stickers I've collected so far have only come from defeating certain enemies, and sometimes you need to make sure not to overstock your stickers (conserve and use appropriately). The writing is pretty good and the graphics are what you'd expect from a Paper Mario game. One neat feature I noticed is that your HP bar outside battle hangs by two strings, and if you tilt your system, the bar will start swaying.

(edit: Also, backtracking can sometimes let you undercover secrets or recollect some powerful stickers)

Around the Network

I am getting it on monday, so Ill post my impression later. However after reading Gonintendo's review (I only trust RMC when it comes to reviews) I can say I cannt wait!
Just read the following:

"I love this kind of exploration. I love this kind of gaming. This is the stuff we don't see anymore. I want to scratch my head from time to time. I don't need to be told how to do things and have flashing indicators on screen as to what I should do next. Let me take in the game world. Let me immerse myself in a battle, a puzzle or an obstacle. Sticker Star never asks you to take on impossibly complex puzzles that you'll never figure out on your own. It does ask you to be inquisitive, explore what it offers and seek out answers along the way."

"I like games that change things up. I like games that think outside of the box. To be frank, I didn't think Sticker Star would challenge franchise ideas as much as this title does. Just because things are changed up doesn't mean a game deserves praise. In this case, I happen to feel that the changes made are both interesting and entertaining. I doubt we'll see this system crop up in another Paper Mario game, which truly makes me sad. You may think the opposite once you play. If you don't mind a franchise testing the water with new ideas and different executions, PLEASE dive right into Sticker Star. I find it to be one of the year's best. I won't be alone in that statement, but I bet other reviewers will strongly oppose that statement."

"I indeed recommend this title with every inch of my beard. In the same breath, I also have to recommend that players keep an open mind. Don't go into this title with expectations of things going a certain way. You're bound to have your ideas challenged, and for some, that'll result in a poor experience. Be ready for a Paper Mario title that really experiments in ways you haven't seen before." --> not linear games are brilliant, games pls stop telling everything that I need to do... what I like of old school games is how easy you can lost your path, let me explore the world, even if at the end I only find a yellow coin or worse. The reason I liked the first zelda game is because the sense of exploration is everything on that game, what will I find next? would I be able to take on that monster?
will I remember what I just did if I dont find a save point quickly??? sorry, I am an old school gamer, and that what I feel about modern gaming...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064