By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Halo 4 will sell 7,793,000+ in 2012

Tagged games:

Final OP update is done!

Halo 4 sold 7,520,654 copies in 2012, meaning I was 272,346 off.

Amazing sales!

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

yo_john117 said:

Does that mean that Halo 3 is undertracked here?

After some year the sales released by MS match with VGC... seems like VGC adjusted the sales in future weeks but I would not discount the undertracked  possibility because MS never give us the lastest lifetime sales. 

Funny how when Microsoft releases the numbers for their games VGchartz quickly corrects them. But when Sony released God of War 3 and GT5 numbers they don't do shit. They actually adjusted down God of War 3 LOL.

man-bear-pig said:
Final OP update is done!

Amazing sales!

I am VERY happy with Halo 4's sales. I originally thought it would sell slightly over 6 million by the end of the year. Never been so happy to be wrong.

What does everyone think it will sell this year?

343 posts!

yo_john117 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Final OP update is done!

Amazing sales!

I am VERY happy with Halo 4's sales. I originally thought it would sell slightly over 6 million by the end of the year. Never been so happy to be wrong.

Over 1.5m without bundling. So the worst case scenario is 9m+ by 2014 imo

Around the Network

yes, Halo 4 will hit 10m pretty soon!

ethomaz must be pissed

man-bear-pig said:
yo_john117 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Final OP update is done!

Amazing sales!

1.5 million is pretty low considering Reach did 1.6 million. If it drops like Reach did I would expect 1.6-1.7 million. If word of mouth continues (which I think is really helping its cause) I think it could possible tie Halo 3 for about 2 million. But you're right; worst case scenario would be 9m by Jan 2014.

Although I'm going to keep my expectations low so I don't get disappointed. 

ZaneWane said:

ethomaz must be pissed

Why would someone be pissed that a game is successful? Wouldn't this be a good thing because it is helping the industry and it shows developers that if you create a good game, people will buy it. It makes them strive for success in hopes of achieving the level of sales and critical success of games such as Halo 4 and Uncharted, instead of just going to mobile gaming and making a cheap $1 game. 

yo_john117 said:
man-bear-pig said:
yo_john117 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Final OP update is done!

Amazing sales!

1.5 million is pretty low considering Reach did 1.6 million. If it drops like Reach did I would expect 1.6-1.7 million. If word of mouth continues (which I think is really helping its cause) I think it could possible tie Halo 3 for about 2 million. But you're right; worst case scenario would be 9m by Jan 2014.

Although I'm going to keep my expectations low so I don't get disappointed. 

Halo 4 also has more momentum going into 2013 than reach did in 2011 because it was released much closer to the end of the year. HOWEVER, it must be remembered that 2011 was the 360's peak year and this year will be one of its poorest, so that will limit Halo 4's success. Anyway, without bundling, over 9m by 1st Jan 2014 seems inevitable