By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Halo 4 will sell 7,793,000+ in 2012

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:

yo_john117 said:

I'm not saying that you're lying. But I am interested in seeing all that. Can you get me the links to all of those tracks and how much they show Halo 4 selling compared to Halo 3/Reach (if it's not too much work)

Here I made a better comparison... and yes Halo 4 is the fastest selling Halo after the second week (the two first week the Halo 3 is the fastest) due the period.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5019121

About the first NPD see below the sales...

Halo 3: 3.3m
Reach: 3.3m
Halo 4: 3.2m

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm1998651_Nov--2012-NPD-Results--Halo-4-failed-hard.aspx

And UK: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-12-uk-chart-halo-4-top-but-sales-lower-than-halo-3-reach

So all reports we have showed Halo 4 below Halo 3 and Reach... and Halo 4 have the Black Friday week to help in NPD November.

But after that the Halo 4 entered in Holidays period... Halo 3 and Reach just entered in holiday period after Week 10.

PS. Germany Halo 4 sold less than Halo 3 too... I'm searching the link.

OK I see. Halo 4 started out slightly less/roughly equal to Halo 3 and Reach but because it's been doing really good during the Christmas period (way better than any other Halo during any Christmas period) it has pulled ahead significantly making it the fastest selling Halo ever.

Around the Network

yo_john117 said:

OK I see. Halo 4 started out slightly less/roughly equal to Halo 3 and Reach but because it's been doing really good during the Christmas period (way better than any other Halo during any Christmas period) it has pulled ahead significantly making it the fastest selling Halo ever.

It's more like Halo 4 have the Christmas period before the others... week by week the Week 9 for Halo 4 is January and Week 9 for Halo 3 and Reach are November before the Black Friday.

The next weeks you will see Halo 4 with low sales and Halo 3 and Reach with high sales... so the gap will drop again until the end of the Holiday period for Halo 3 and Reach (Week 16)... after we can have a better view.

Now we are comparing...

Nov/Dec sales for Halo 4
Sep/Oct sales for Halo 3 / Reach

ethomaz said:

yo_john117 said:

It's more like Halo 4 have the Christmas period before the others... week by week the Week 9 for Halo 4 is January and Week 9 for Halo 3 and Reach are November before the Black Friday.

The next weeks you will see Halo 4 with low sales and Halo 3 and Reach with high sales... so the gap will drop again until the end of the Holiday period for Halo 3 and Reach (Week 16)... after we can compare the sales.

No I understand that but I've seen Reach and Halo 3  Black Friday/Christmas sales and they are significantly lower than Halo 4. Even if Vgchartz has tracked it pretty poorly it would still be quite a bit better selling than Reach or Halo 3 (it would take some truly massive overtracking for it to be under those games)

But I do see where you are coming from (and in fact I still expect Halo 4 to be at least slightly overtracked)

yo_john117 said:

No I understand that but I've seen Reach and Halo 3  Black Friday/Christmas sales and they are significantly lower than Halo 4. Even if Vgchartz has tracked it pretty poorly it would still be quite a bit better selling than Reach or Halo 3 (it would take some truly massive overtracking for it to be under those games)

But I do see where you are coming from (and in fact I still expect Halo 4 to be at least slightly overtracked)

Reach I don't know but the first month sales of Halo 3 is all wrong here in VGCs... the first month sales here show 2,420,125 for US and it sold 3.3 million in US.

ethomaz said:

yo_john117 said:

Reach I don't know but the first month sales of Halo 3 is all wrong here in VGCs... the first month sales here show 2,420,125 for US and it sold 3.3 million in US.

Does that mean that Halo 3 is undertracked here?

Around the Network

I thought those 3.2 million were without bundles?

yo_john117 said:

Does that mean that Halo 3 is undertracked here?

After some year the sales released by MS match with VGC... seems like VGC adjusted the sales in future weeks but I would not discount the undertracked  possibility because MS never give us the lastest lifetime sales. 

105k sold in the US this week and 45k sold in Europe, so it's already passed my original prediction of 143k!

I think it'll sell about 21k in non-US&EU territories, giving it a worldwide total this week of 171k this week (give or take 2k)

^^ looks like I underestimated it slightly!!

Halo 4 sold 176,412 worldwide this week, which is 34k more than I originally predicted in the OP!