By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Halo 4 will sell 7,793,000+ in 2012

Tagged games:

No way, Halo 4 will sell no less than 8m. Spartan Ops is making everyone keep their copies so there aren't that many used copies in stores. Each sale will be an official sale. Halo 4 should sell more than any previous Halo game. Also it is the best game of the year.

Around the Network

It sold 398k in the US this week and 54k in the UK. If we use the %'s these 2 markets accounted for towards global sales last week and subtract 5% (due to Black Friday skewing US sales), then Halo 4 should sell 580k worldwide this week.

Higher than predicted! Official sales will be out tomorrow.

6.5 - 7 million

OP updated to include running total.

jamesmarkus87 said:

6.5 - 7 million

How's you're pic???

<:::::[]=

Around the Network
pezus said:
kain_kusanagi said:
No way, Halo 4 will sell no less than 8m. Spartan Ops is making everyone keep their copies so there aren't that many used copies in stores. Each sale will be an official sale. Halo 4 should sell more than any previous Halo game. Also it is the best game of the year.

No less than 8m in 2012?

Yep, but keep in mind that I'm a huge Halo fan and this is what I'd like to see happen. I'm not backing it up with anything real.

Won't break 10m? Wtf? The only way I can see that happen where it doesn't is where the 360 gets completely discontinued and the next Xbox does not have backward compatibility. The Mbp prediction is a bit optimistic, but it has a small shot. I reckon it'll only hit round 8-8.5m around next years black Friday, which is good in itself.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

OP updated.

607,817 WW this week

It sold 76k more than I originally predicted (and 28k more than my revised projection). Amazing hold!

Vgchartz is predicting 350k this week in the US (in the latest pre-order article). There is absolutely no chance of this happening... US sales should be ~250k