By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Ops 2 Review Thread - Metacritic Below Halo 4.

Is Blops 2 reaaaaaaally better than CoD4?

Really?

Around the Network

OK, having played a few hours, I think this is a very good sequel to Black Ops. Blops series has now officially overtaken the Modern Warfare series. Its the most imaginative, balanced and feature packed COD games yet. The single player is actually quite good as well with some very engaging scenarios.

In terms of reviews though, I think the 85 is just about right, only on the basis that the modern war series is overrated, and not enough has changed in the last couple of years.

IMO
COD4 - 88 (high score due to refreshing concept)
MW2 - 81 Great in some ways (weapons, maps, campaign) but let down by shoddy developlent (unbalancing, awful spawn system and hacks)
Black Ops - 86
MW3 - 69
Black Ops 2 - 86

Carl2291 said:

Really?

COD4 is ancient. I don't think anyone actually said "its better" they said it offers the biggest changes since COD4.
Reviews are in-line with my expectations. People are finally getting tired of military shooters...and the reviews reflect that.

Good thing that Black Ops 2 took the first step into the future. Treyarch is already set for next-gen.

I like the game. Yeah it does a couple of things differently and adds a couple of things,but at it's core it's more of the same. There's really no denying that. Graphics are good,but there's obviously better looking games out there. Again,there's no denying that. Were the game really shines is the fun factor and the variety of ways,you can play the game and that's what it does,better then most other games,in my opinion. I give it a solid 8/10. Good,but nothing revolationary/mind blowing.

I just want to know how many people like to eat turds, I thought that was awesome.

I don't care what it gets, I'll play it anyway. I like the first BO the best but I haven't played any of the COD campaigns to the finish. I'm in it for the multi as I find it fun in a simple, wash repeat kind of way. I've been playing Halo everyday and tonight, I'll give the ol' BO2 a shot.....after a little Halo of course.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Really?

Some even said Medal of honor warfighter is better than COD4..but you wouldn't say that when you check the reviews..  People only prefered COD4 because it was the first one making the huge step but since then it is hard to debate that COD not improved..

I must admit that I'm really enjoying Blops II, probably the best CoD yet.

arcane_chaos said:
I must admit that I'm really enjoying Blops II, probably the best CoD yet.

Total package, that is likely agreeable.  As far as single player story goes. COD: MW was probably the best.  Black Ops 2 was probably second best.  I still would argue that Call of Duty doesn't do World War 3 well.  I know they try, but it doesn't work.  If the Black Ops 2 story could of been smaller in scope, with the villian not fully being that, but it be smaller, it might of been better.