By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Ops 2 Review Thread - Metacritic Below Halo 4.

Well if you buy games based on what a biased reviewer says then your probably setting yourself up to be disappointed.

Around the Network

Dont have the cash, so ill be waiting for a price-drop.

Im not bashing on this game or anything, but GameTrailers review screams of Shane Satterfield..

Just 1 point less than halo 4. What the fuck.

In general, I think the critics are a bit fed up with devs playing it safe. Both Halo and CoD have been praised with atleast one game (Halo 3 - 94, MW2 - 94) but with each game from there theyve begun to drop. Gears does the same but unlike CoD and Halo, hasnt been around for >3 games. Same applies to God of War. I bet Judgment & Ascension might not get 90 meta but chances are TLOU might knock it outta the park if done well. UC2s 96 is a true testiment of this also. Most people would say UC2 not only destroyed its predecessor, but it started something regarding the whole cinematic narrative setpiece stuff. It wasnt first, god no. But id argue it left a very strong impression. Even UC3, playing it "safer" just bigger, managed to grab a lovely 92. Critics want something fresh.

Journey is 2% in content compared to Blops 2 & Halo 4 -> yetvthat 2% is insanely valued by people and rightfully so: its something different.

Lbp 1 - 95 meta, different thing. Lbp 2 - 91, still feels fresh but not the same freshness as 4 years back.

MS with Halo, Gears and even Forza (which too declines by 1 point each game [not counting horizon its different])were bound to havecthis happen. I just didnt figure halo 4 to be that game.

New IPs, new things. Thats what keeps the industry moving. Unless you somehow improve UC1-UC2 style which really is rare. Halo 4 might be the best halo but combat evolved will forever have that first impression.

kowenicki said:
selnor said:

Best Halo ever - gets less than all the rest.

Best COD ever gets less than all the rest.

Best Gears ever gets less than all the rest.

METACRITIC IS BROKEN.

Still glad Halo 4 beats it. Halo 4 is the best game of the generation.

I think the best COD ever thing is open to debate.  The campaign is getting a bit of kicking in some quarters.

Fair play. Read some reviews that said the campaign is pretty crap. 

Still Halo 4 set the bar for FPS very very high. 

Im gonna give this COD a miss anyway. Want to finish Forza orizon, Assasins Creed 3 and Max Payne 3 yet. Also Halo 4 is my fave online game this gen so will be playing that online.

Around the Network
Aldro said:

In general, I think the critics are a bit fed up with devs playing it safe. Both Halo and CoD have been praised with atleast one game (Halo 3 - 94, MW2 - 94) but with each game from there theyve begun to drop. Gears does the same but unlike CoD and Halo, hasnt been around for >3 games. Same applies to God of War. I bet Judgment & Ascension might not get 90 meta but chances are TLOU might knock it outta the park if done well. UC2s 96 is a true testiment of this also. Most people would say UC2 not only destroyed its predecessor, but it started something regarding the whole cinematic narrative setpiece stuff. It wasnt first, god no. But id argue it left a very strong impression. Even UC3, playing it "safer" just bigger, managed to grab a lovely 92. Critics want something fresh.

Journey is 2% in content compared to Blops 2 & Halo 4 -> yetvthat 2% is insanely valued by people and rightfully so: its something different.

Lbp 1 - 95 meta, different thing. Lbp 2 - 91, still feels fresh but not the same freshness as 4 years back.

MS with Halo, Gears and even Forza (which too declines by 1 point each game [not counting horizon its different])were bound to havecthis happen. I just didnt figure halo 4 to be that game.

New IPs, new things. Thats what keeps the industry moving. Unless you somehow improve UC1-UC2 style which really is rare. Halo 4 might be the best halo but combat evolved will forever have that first impression.

Big problem with that though. Is Dishonoured for example. That game disappointed me. And I like games like that. It was 7/10 at best. 

Reviews are becoming tedious to be onest. 

UC1 for me was better than 2. But yet 2 killed in scores. Visuals were better in 2, but 1 was muc more fun and had better gameplay.

selnor said:
Aldro said:

Big problem with that though. Is Dishonoured for example. That game disappointed me. And I like games like that. It was 7/10 at best. 

UC1 for me was better than 2. But yet 2 killed in scores. Visuals were better in 2, but 1 was muc more fun and had better gameplay.

Thats because you are rather biased.

Dishonored was new, you constantly claim "99% SAID HALO 4 IS BEST", most people claimed DIshonored to be pretty darn good.

99% find UC2 to be better than UC1. You are at a VAST minority. Yes the people are there, but believe me, vast minority. The reviews proove that.

Halo 4 having lower than Halo 3, is the counterpart. Im not saying your "taste is wrong" lol, im just saying the critics and majority of gamers usually go hand to hand. Think its time to accept that Meta and the critics are not a representation of your taste. Just look at the GOTYs 08-11. Only 360 exclusive game youll find there is Gears 2 at 5th place in 2008. During those years, youll find no 360 title or multiplatform title winning graphics of the year nor being top 5. So yeah, it might be hard to realise, but you've gotta wake up. No alan wake, no forza, no other gears, no halo even.

Amazing scores! Excited!

Aldro said:
selnor said:
Aldro said:

Dishonored was new, you constantly claim "99% SAID HALO 4 IS BEST", most people claimed DIshonored to be pretty darn good.

99% find UC2 to be better than UC1. You are at a VAST minority. Yes the people are there, but believe me, vast minority. The reviews proove that.

Halo 4 having lower than Halo 3, is the counterpart. Im not saying your "taste is wrong" lol, im just saying the critics and majority of gamers usually go hand to hand. Think its time to accept that Meta and the critics are not a representation of your taste. Just look at the GOTYs 08-11. Only 360 exclusive game youll find there is Gears 2 at 5th place in 2008. During that year, youll find no 360 title or multiplatform title winning graphics of the year. So yeah, it might be hard to realise, but you've gotta wake up.

Wat? I said 95% of reviewers even the ones that gave it 8 still said its the best HALO game yet. That is right. A few didnt.

However Im in the minority of UC I know. 

Dishonoured took me less than 6 hours. Halo 4 took me longer and is a FPS. 

Dishonoured did disappoint me. I wont fall into the new is good category for the sake of it. Risen was a better game. 

Media have to many hidden agendas. 

Enjoyed Heavenly Sword more than Dishonoured for example. But look at that meta. 

selnor said:
Aldro said:
selnor said:
Aldro said:

Halo 4 having lower than Halo 3, is the counterpart. Im not saying your "taste is wrong" lol, im just saying the critics and majority of gamers usually go hand to hand. Think its time to accept that Meta and the critics are not a representation of your taste. Just look at the GOTYs 08-11. Only 360 exclusive game youll find there is Gears 2 at 5th place in 2008. During that year, youll find no 360 title or multiplatform title winning graphics of the year. So yeah, it might be hard to realise, but you've gotta wake up.

Wat? I said 95% of reviewers even the ones that gave it 8 still said its the best HALO game yet. That is right. A few didnt.

However Im in the minority of UC I know. 

Dishonoured took me less than 6 hours. Halo 4 took me longer and is a FPS. 

Dishonoured did disappoint me. I wont fall into the new is good category for the sake of it. Risen was a better game. 

Media have to many hidden agendas. 

Enjoyed Heavenly Sword more than Dishonoured for example. But look at that meta.

Heavenly sword appears to be a very uneven game. Launch PS3 game with a lot of flaws. Not nearly as polished as Dishonored. I have yet to play it and I find it funny that you somehow got your hands on it seeming as you got a PS3 later than me. I bet it something to do with "playing it at a friends".

The key here however, is that critics having hidden agendas is hilarious. Yes its very possible, but its as equally possible as you having a very obvious favoritsm of the 360. Can you even yourself admit that? Anyone here knows me, knows who I am, but what about you? You are the person who claimed Far Cry 2 to be one of the best looking titles on consoles. You have done the same for Alan Wake, Lost planet 2, Risen, Forza 3, rage and more. The critics/media, regarding people who will play more games than you and I combined, speak rather clearly in terms of reviews & awards. What you should say is that your opinion and theirs are MAJORLY different, regarding practically ANYTHING. To you, Halo 4 being the best Halo puts it into a 10/10 clearly. For them, that isnt enough. Thats just one example.

I did NOT like Skyrim or Batman Arkham City. Call me crazy. The media loves em, I did not. But can I see why they have earned that 96 meta and praise? Hell yes I can! Both games are AMAZING just not my taste.