By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year COMPILED 2008 to 2013 (7th Gen)

ZaneWane said:

crysis warhead

Warhead is an expansion.

Around the Network

So since Fallout 3, Red Dead Redemption, and Skyrim all sold better on 360 then PS3, then its a 360 win for the year because that's where the majority of gamers went to play the game.

Yup, I just went there.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

lmao at best graphics. I guess they aren't including PC because this lacking Metro 2033, Battlefield 3, Witcher 2, Crysis is pretty sad. For consoles I'd agree but they are still way behind PC

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
So since Fallout 3, Red Dead Redemption, and Skyrim all sold better on 360 then PS3, then its a 360 win for the year because that's where the majority of gamers went to play the game.

Yup, I just went there.

Meanwhile 360 wasn't even nominated in 2009, while PS3 gamers could play all of the GOTY winners. This tells me PS3 gamers CAN buy more quality

Yup

Theoretically yes. Did they really? lulz no.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

CGI-Quality said:
pezus said:
ZaneWane said:
Panama said:
ZaneWane said:

metal gear 4 winning graphics award over crysis is insult

Crysis came out in 2007, MGS4 came out in 2008.

crysis warhead

That is true, but the media (almost) never consider PC games for some reason...

Where's the fun in using the machine that can't be topped?

That and I don't remember the last time an expansion pack (or DL-only title) ever won a "Best Graphics" award - on any platform. What was surprising, however, was MGS4 beating out Gears of War 2 in 2008, on most sites. I thought Gears 2, overall, looked better, despite MGS4's better looking character models.

Although MGS4 is quite wide too compared to Gears, as well as offer a huge mix of environments. Maybe that gave some weight :P. Or you know, it was just such a sick game so people said fuck it, MGS4 has to win it all. ( I mean the game did get the same amount of GOTYs as freaking GTAIV!)

Around the Network
pezus said:
sales2099 said:

Yup, I just went there.

Meanwhile 360 wasn't even nominated in 2009, while PS3 gamers could play all of the GOTY winners. This tells me PS3 gamers buy more quality

Yup

Let him have it. Just look at the list. I'd be desperate too.

I was told i can leave my semen here?

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:

Yup, I just went there.

Meanwhile 360 wasn't even nominated in 2009, while PS3 gamers could play all of the GOTY winners. This tells me PS3 gamers CAN buy more quality

Yup

Theoretically yes. Did they really? lulz no.

Lulz yes...let's compare the sales: 

Fallout 3: 3.82m (360) vs. 3.0m (PS3)

Uncharted 2: 0m (360) vs. 5.75 (PS3)

Red Dead Redemption: 5.06m (360) vs. 4.98 (PS3) - wow huge difference

Skyrim: 6.33m (360) vs. 4.15m (PS3)

Total: 15.21 (360) vs. 17.88m (PS3)

Basically, you are telling me that 360 gamers were completely absent in 2009! What happened, were they on vacation or did they all go over to the PS3? Not only that, but PS3 gamers bought 2.67m more GOTYs! Holy shit

I wonder how long 360 gamers will get 2009 rammed down our throats lol. 360 won 2010 in games, PS3 won 2011 in games, and 360 is winning 2012.

Live in the now :)

pezus said:
sales2099 said:

I wonder how long 360 gamers will get 2009 rammed down our throats lol. 360 won 2010 in games, PS3 won 2011 in games, and 360 is winning 2012.

Live in the now :)

Actually, iPad is winning this year at the moment (since we can only compare scores). PC pulls in right behind it.

Sigh.....

You know me in that I only deal in 360 vs PS3. Was this not clear? :P

I can agree with the majority of that list.

Its quite amazing that the Wii beat the 360 with exclusives too. Microsoft 1st party really need to increase the quality they pump out.