By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year COMPILED 2008 to 2013 (7th Gen)

ZaneWane said:
Pesmerga7551 said:
I agree with the graphical picks. XBots might not like it but who cares. But lets forget about that for a second and be honest. Nothing in the box for those years rivals the Sony exclusives in detailing. Nothing. But looking back, 2008 is land of bad graphics. LOL-__- Even the best MGS4, looks mediocre to Uncharted 3, and such.

metal gear 4 winning graphics award over crysis is insult

Crysis came out in 2007, MGS4 came out in 2008.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Hurt Locker was awesome. I i disagree with the media as i think most mainstream games will always get GOTY.

Exactly why Journey won't win GOTY. Even though it's a digital only title (not including the collectors edition it was released on), it still deserves it over any other game (IMO). I get the feeling that a game needs to have a big budget in order to have even the slightest chance of getting GOTY. 

Looking at all the previous goty winners, this thread is sort of just rubbing in how awful 2012 is. I'm a Mass Effect fanboy but the fact ME3 is still the best rated retail game of 2012 is extremely depressing. Granted I don't give a shit what critics think and X-com is my personal goty so far.

Panama said:
ZaneWane said:
Pesmerga7551 said:
I agree with the graphical picks. XBots might not like it but who cares. But lets forget about that for a second and be honest. Nothing in the box for those years rivals the Sony exclusives in detailing. Nothing. But looking back, 2008 is land of bad graphics. LOL-__- Even the best MGS4, looks mediocre to Uncharted 3, and such.

crysis warhead

JustThatGamer said:
Aldro said:
Meta score of the exclusives:
97 - Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
96 - Uncharted 2 (PS3)
95 - LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
94 - Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
93 - Gears of War 2 (360)
93 - Skyward Sword (Wii)
92 - Uncharted 3 (PS3)
92 - God of War III (PS3)
87 - Heavy Rain (PS3)

Well I couldn't give a monkey's about nonsensical GOTY awards or your picks for best graphics but the above quote is wrong, God of War III ranked above Uncharted 3 on Metacritic whether you like it or not http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps3?view=condensed&sort=desc.

And because I despise Metacritic for it's inconsistency and weighted averages, here's a more accurate list for you to use with information by GameRankings. 

1) 97.12% - Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
2) 96.46% - Uncharted 2 (PS3)
3) 94.74% - LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
4) 93.64% - Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
5) 93.32% - Gears of War 2 (360)
6) 93.11% - Skyward Sword (Wii)
7) 92.54% - God of War III (PS3)
8) 91.76% - Uncharted 3 (PS3)
9) 89.30% - Heavy Rain (PS3)

Uhm.. They have the same Meta score, thats what I am basing it off o_O. The graphics are not my list either, its the amount of critics that handed it out and from the website as well. (although I admit its exactly how I would put it too lol). Basically nothing off of that is from me, aside from the Meta which I just arranged by number without even really adding a 1, 2 etc...

I didnt even add numbers!! xD you can bump up UC3 or bump down GoW3 if you want. No need to be so picky.

But ill take a jab at you my friend:

The fact remains that GoW3 is still lower than MGS4, LBP and Uncharted 2 by.. a lot ^^...

Also fun fact: UC3 got 4th place in 11 going against games all in 90 range whereas Heavy Rain beat GoW3 :0. But oh right, you dont care about that.

We could've been friends! But you have this vendetta towards spitting against every other game aside from GoW. Its disgusting me really. Especially since I love Kratos and God of War...

Around the Network
ZaneWane said:
Panama said:
ZaneWane said:
Pesmerga7551 said:

crysis warhead

I believe the critics didnt see the game as a full on game maybe considering it and I quote wiki "is a stand-alone expansion game." :P.

Man, I need to play more PS3 games!

Although this list is only one thing to consider among many more variables -- online interactivity, downloadable games, customer support, controllers, quality and frequency of third-party games -- it would be hard to argue that the PS3 isn't the best home console of the 7th generation.

Some good picks there and some awful picks, but that's the case with most lists.

except crysis is overrated with graphics.. always has been.. and I'm sure someone will quote this post with an ULTRA HIGH mod.. showing how it looks on par with real life.. hun this agrument has been done for a long time.. Crysis on high.. in it's real settings.. looks okay today..

it's impressive because of it's physics and open world gameplay..

OT: KZ2/KZ3 are missing in that graphic war fest.. easily the best looking FPS games this gen..

mM
leo-j said:
except crysis is overrated with graphics.. always has been.. and I'm sure someone will quote this post with an ULTRA HIGH mod.. showing how it looks on par with real life.. hun this agrument has been done for a long time.. Crysis on high.. in it's real settings.. looks okay today..

it's impressive because of it's physics and open world gameplay..

OT: KZ2/KZ3 are missing in that graphic war fest.. easily the best looking FPS games this gen..

KZ2 and KZ3 got a couple awards in 09 and 11 respectively, but that list is based off the winner and the winner alone.

Sadly GG was left in the shadow behind ND's engine in the critics opinion :(