By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year COMPILED 2008 to 2013 (7th Gen)

sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
So since Fallout 3, Red Dead Redemption, and Skyrim all sold better on 360 then PS3, then its a 360 win for the year because that's where the majority of gamers went to play the game.

Yup, I just went there.

Meanwhile 360 wasn't even nominated in 2009, while PS3 gamers could play all of the GOTY winners. This tells me PS3 gamers CAN buy more quality

Yup

Theoretically yes. Did they really? lulz no.

Lulz yes...let's compare the sales: 

Fallout 3: 3.82m (360) vs. 3.0m (PS3)

Uncharted 2: 0m (360) vs. 5.75 (PS3)

Red Dead Redemption: 5.06m (360) vs. 4.98 (PS3) - wow huge difference

Skyrim: 6.33m (360) vs. 4.15m (PS3)

Total: 15.21 (360) vs. 17.88m (PS3)

Basically, you are telling me that 360 gamers were completely absent in 2009! What happened, were they on vacation or did they all go over to the PS3? Not only that, but PS3 gamers bought 2.67m more GOTYs! Holy shit

I wonder how long 360 gamers will get 2009 rammed down our throats lol. 360 won 2010 in games, PS3 won 2011 in games, and 360 is winning 2012.

Live in the now :

Not sure what you're basing it off of, but since this topic is about the GOTYs, then the 360 hasnt "won" (whatever that means) at all in 08 all the way to 11 xD

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I have to admit that I AM surprised Halo Reach didn't make the 2010 cut.

Not even Halo 3 made it in 2007 :P..
EDIT: Beaten by yourself >:(

Player1x3 said:
I was told i can leave my semen here?

<333 haha

selnor said:
Going by this this tread and the way the media has clinged to PS3 since 2008, you would think the PS3 is the best selling console for the last 4 years.

Alas its not, and public disagree.

Played most the PS3 has to offer in exclusive field in that list. And many are overated by the media. Ive yet to feel the need to finish some of them yet.

I feel the same about Gears of War, Halo and Forza! What a coincidence! =) Have a nice day.

As we are nearing 2012:
What do you guys think the top 5 will look like?

Will any game top Mass Effect 3 in Meta? Perhaps Hitman? What games are left?

Around the Network

Without getting into any of the mudslinging, I just want to say how awesome I think Sony's Worldwide Studios is. They're so good that I have a lot of trouble even associating them with the rest of the corporation. SCE WWS was by far the most important factor with me deciding to go with a PS3 this generation, and they have truly delivered.

OO regarding the graphics of 12, I think Halo 4 will recieve most of the awards this year.

I mean is there really anything this year that can even challenge it? Any good particular looking games at all?
(Its late and I really cant think of any)

Will update the thread when we reach December-January :>

Just occoured to me:
2008 and 2011 -> Fallout 3 and Skyrim both Bethesda games. Mad respect :0

Excellent thread dude! Just stumbled upon this, good read.

So some GOTY has been awareded for 2012!

http://gotypicks.blogspot.se/

JOURNEY IS ACTUALLY LEADING!!

* The Winners of this year thus far *

Journey - 4

The Critics' Picks - 3

The Readers' Picks - 1

The Walking Dead: The Game -3

The Critics' Picks - 2

The Readers' Picks - 1

Borderlands 2 - 2