By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 experiences biggest hack yet.

walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

well, perhaps sony links your psn-account to a unique ps3-id? then it would not be possible to make another account. i guess there are several methods for sony to identify non-ofw-ps3s. like on xbl, just don't do it ;)

This is my doubt too... Can Sony dp hardware ban???

well, they *will* do, for sure. the method is the only question :) it is not only because people could pirate games - cheaters will arise on psn and destroy multiplayer experience.

but, what does "dp" mean? or did you want to write "do"?

lol yes "do".

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

well, perhaps sony links your psn-account to a unique ps3-id? then it would not be possible to make another account. i guess there are several methods for sony to identify non-ofw-ps3s. like on xbl, just don't do it ;)

well, they *will* do, for sure. the method is the only question :) it is not only because people could pirate games - cheaters will arise on psn and destroy multiplayer experience.

lol yes "do".

this should be easy for sony. a very easy way to identify hacks:

calculate md5-sum (or any other hash) from: mac-address wlan-nic, ethernet-nic, firmware. perhpas combine them, obfuscate this more, linking it to other unique numbers/strings they can easily read from the hardware. and link this stuff to your psn-id.

walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:
walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

lol yes "do".

this should be easy for sony. a very easy way to identify hacks:

calculate md5-sum (or any other hash) from: mac-address wlan-nic, ethernet-nic, firmware. perhpas combine them, obfuscate this more, linking it to other unique numbers/strings they can easily read from the hardware. and link this stuff to your psn-id.

just found this: http://www.ps3devwiki.com/wiki/Console_ID

Oh yeh the new super slim ps3 coming could change up the hardware as well to prevent hacking.

Piracy didn't kill PS2. Sony has no reason to fear it now.
No. Piracy didn't kill PSP.

Around the Network
pimpcoop said:
I hope people wake up to the fact that Sony sucks! They steal ideas, company other people, and when push comes to shove fail really hard. I know of people who lost tons of money from there bank account that will never get it back from buying something off the PSN story. They called Sony and told them. They did not give a crap about them at all.

stop complaining and just enjoy their products

Sony's consoles getting hacked has become an monthly thing it seems, not too surprised it happened again...

Wow! Why Necro-Bump this, sheesh.

Um this article is pretty old isn't it?

What's with the necro bump?

Anyway, I don't recall hearing anything about this hack when the article was originally posted back in Oct, and I haven't heard anything about it since. I guess nothing every came of it?

A lot old and like I said... this hack is the same... just works with old firmware not possible in consoles after 2011.

And I tried explain to everything how the rack works lol lol lol