By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U will be sold at a loss

DanneSandin said:
Damn! That's a first for Nintendo!!! Just another evidence that PS4 won't be much stronger than WiiU

Unless the PS4 doesn't launch with a $200 controller.

Around the Network
Galaki said:
DanneSandin said:
Damn! That's a first for Nintendo!!! Just another evidence that PS4 won't be much stronger than WiiU

People believe Sony can make a console at least 3x stronger than the WiiU at the same price.

I believe them.

Im guessing Sony plans to release a 150 dollar controller?  The majority of Wii U cost is tied up in that.

Galaki said:
DanneSandin said:

People believe Sony can make a console at least 3x stronger than the WiiU at the same price.

I believe them.

Possible I guess, but that isn't MUCH stronger (or so I've heard - I always thought going 100% more powerful was a big leap, but since I've hanging around here I've come to understand that that isn't much...)

My money is on MS and the x3ox to be the most powerful device next gen (excluding PC's ofcourse)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

badgenome said:
DanneSandin said:

Unless the PS4 doesn't launch with a $200 controller.

Haven't you heard? It's gonna get bundled with Vita - to save those diminishing sales ;)

This could help to explain the recent loss, if they are sold at a loss then Nintendo has to book production as a loss IIRC, Kowen could probably say for sure as he is our resident accountant and otherwise sexy stand up guy.

Tease.

Around the Network

So for Sony and MS fans THIS is the chance to put Nintendo down.. buy a Wii U and they'll lose money.. make Nintendo suffer!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

DanneSandin said:

Haven't you heard? It's gonna get bundled with Vita - to save those diminishing sales ;)

That's stupid. Nothing can save the Vita.

NiKKoM said:

So for Sony and MS fans THIS is the chance to put Nintendo down.. buy a Wii U and they'll lose money.. make Nintendo suffer!

Don't fall for it, guys. I tried this with the PS3, and Sony is still around. (For now, at least.)

They'll get back to profitability in no time. The controller is one of those things that they will be mass-producing and cutting costs on very quickly.

Mind you I wasn't expecting this at all, was expecting profit on day one. I'm assuming these losses are minimal.

@Squilliam. Production is counted as an expenditure at this point I think, so it's negative regardless. When the sale is made to the retailers the numbers are once again balanced. Assuming a large portion of production has already been ordered, I'd expect you to be correct.

NiKKoM said:

Haha lol!!