By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [IMPORTANT] Forum Rules Officially Updated

Tagged games:

We have always had good rules, we just need good enforcers.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Mr Khan said:
You read it folks: there are no longer any definitions on sig length

Let's go nuts!

Why not tell us the maximum size for signatures in pixels? I got an unsightly warning on my moderation history because my signature used to be too bulky. Since I didn't have any clear indication when I made it, I based it on spurgeonryan's signature image he had at the time (so I'm totally putting the blame on him).

It would have been so much more helpful if I had something like "Your signature can't exceed 500 x 300 pixels" or something to that effect.

I advocated for something more vague.

Generally, without a guideline, we tend to step back on immediate moderations (except on the "GIFs in sigs" thing. The rules there remain clear) and instead issue advisories.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

I advocated for something more vague.

Generally, without a guideline, we tend to step back on immediate moderations (except on the "GIFs in sigs" thing. The rules there remain clear) and instead issue advisories.

Fair enough. Can I still blame spurgeonryan for that blemish to my perfect moderation history?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

Fair enough. Can I still blame spurgeonryan for that blemish to my perfect moderation history?

Im wondering, would I be considered a new user even though I've been on this site for about 2 years.

Around the Network

No IBTL posts? Lame. That was my favourite thing to do on the WoW forums :(

cactusmanjaro said:
Im wondering, would I be considered a new user even though I've been on this site for about 2 years.

I think "New Users" is the wrong wording for that... rather think of it as "Non-established users".

For example, I've had an account for four years now at NeoGAF, yet I only have one post () to my name over there. I'm still considered a "Junior Member". Same thing here. We'll view established posters differently than non-established ones, mainly due to their posting history.

Hope that clears any confusion you have.

cactusmanjaro said:

In my eyes, yes - the rule was based around post content, so it's quite irrelevent when you joined - rather about how often you've posted

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

As a frequent breaker of all rules in my past. (Longest mod history evar ) I feel that I can help you with sig length.

In a one line post, your sig must not pass the box in which your avatar, post count, badges and recent games sits.

Come on mods, you know Im right.

Carl2291 said:
As a frequent breaker of all rules in my past. (Longest mod history evar ) I feel that I can help you with sig length.

In a one line post, your sig must not pass the box in which your avatar, post count, badges and recent games sits.

Come on mods, you know Im right.

I haven't broken your mod history record? Noooooooooooo!!!!!!