By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Dark Knight Rises' Cinematographer Calls Avengers "Appalling"

Mostly agree with him. I found it entertaining but it didn't have the depth of the Batman films and did feel like a few movies mashed together. It was sort of inevitable consider the film was created to bring the superheroes together rather following an evolving storyline. Although to be fair, I was pleasantly surprised that they linked the plots Thor and Captain America into it.

Around the Network

Avengers > Any of the Dark Knight movies,

I came to see superhero/comic book movies with a good chunk of action and a likable protagonist, not to see the villain carry an entire goddamn movie. All 6 avengers just worked so great with each, even black widow was surprisingly kick ass. I'm not author or comic book fan so the story and story telling was pretty good, not sure what people are bitching about. Also, batman is laaaaaaame. One of the lamest superhero/vigilantes ever. He has nothing going for him other than what his money can buy.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

yeah, but they can't hear him through all that box office money

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Firstly; Avengers was never meant to deep or serious, just pure and simple action and fun (and, boy, is it ever!).
Secondly, the only appalling thing here is the name "Wally Pfister".

I have little interest in Super Hero movies, so movies like the Avengers, Spiderman, etc... Are more or less just a lot of special effects, and ultimately bore the hell out of me; and you can toss transformers on that pile too.

Although, I did enjoy certain super hero movies, the batman movies among them, and also the Xmen First Class was a movie I really enjoyed a great deal.

I do agree that the Avengers really shoe horned in camera angles for no good reason; and I found it tiring - on top of the fact that the superheroes in it were not particularly interesting when compared to certain others like batman, wolverine, spiderman, and magneto.

That said, I wasn't particularly a fan of Inception, it was like a pretentious mystery version of Nightmare on Elmstreet with people who weren't necessarily psychopaths having the ability to influence events in dreams.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I liked it, but to me it was 200 million dollars power rangers episode. So it was put in the "not important" movie file in my brain.

With one exception, these

Are more frightening than these

But in the end they're more or less the same.

pezus said:

I have to add that I don't think The Avengers is a bad film in any way (it's GOOD), since people like to assume that when you prefer TDKR you think Avengers was automatically shit.

Happened to me in one of your threads :D.  Or someone else's thread.

Porcupine_I said:

A fellow "HISHE" fan?

The only thing good about The Avengers was Scarlett Johansson, and her part was the most minor as well.

d21lewis said:
Porcupine_I said:

A fellow "HISHE" fan?

certainly  

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’