By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Dark Knight Rises' Cinematographer Calls Avengers "Appalling"

spurgeonryan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Anyone involved with Dark Knight Rises should only be concerned with why Dark Knight Rises was a pile of shit.

Ultimately, both movies were awful.

Let me guess. You watched both in another language? There is a reason there was repeat viewings. I know, that does not mean nothing. right?

Should we all go see The Perks of being a Wallflower or The Master instead? To each his own I guess, but these movies were nowhere near a pile of shit. Even on a bad day.

Not sure what you're babbling about... anyhow...

Avengers wasn't a pile of shit, it was just tolerable and had some fun moments. Batman on the other hand was unbelievably fucking boring. Tears down my face boring!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Glad I'm not a director. It would ruin most movies for me.
Lucky for me I am not educated enough in film to see any faults.

spurgeonryan said:

Lol I knew you would be back.

Just to come back I would have to say that I have no idea what you are saying. Not even sure how you can be on a site like this when your arguments make no sense at all. Please tell me what a good movie is then? Because obviously I have no idea, if these movies were actually that bad.

You have no idea what my last post meant because you obviously do not pay attention to movies so you do not know when something is good even when it hits you in the FACE! So like I said, please tell us all what a good movie is so we may all have a nice long laugh.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was talking to a film aficionado. I'm not sure why you're surprised I responded. It wouldn't have been courteous to just ignore you.

3 Men and a Baby was good. Kindergarten Cop was amazing. Those Naked Gun movies still make me laugh. Die Hard was great...

Anyhow, Dark Knight Rises was a boring piece of crap. No big deal buddy. They should make movies out the Batman Arkham games. That is a much more interesting Batman universe.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

i loved the avengers movie, i hated the dark knight rises . simple as that.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Haven't seen The Avengers yet, but The Dark Knight Rises was epic. Granted not as epic as The Dark Knight, which is easily one of the best movies of all time, but still a good bit better than Batman Begins.

Christopher Nolan is just so incredibly talented. Looking forward to his next movies.

Around the Network

I enjoyed both, two of the best super hero films I've seen. I do not even begin to understand people forming "camps" and bickering between the two. Be like if they finally make good video game movies someday, just glad it happened and enjoy it.

All I can do is wonder what people expected out of The Avengers. It's a table-setter film, I assumed everyone knew that. I thought it was OK, if a bit on the generic side, but the very end was enough to make me excited about where the Avengers series of films is headed. We have one of the better villains of all time coming up. The actual story appears to have just begun.

Also, it should be pretty obvious that movies about groups of superheros aren't going to have the same kind of personal depth as films about individual superheroes. In that regard, they really shouldn't be compared. Just like in the comics they're inspired by, team-based storylines are going to be more about action and less about introspection.

I wouldn't call it appalling but I kinda agree.

Avengers was visually so impressive that it did have that craziness and over the top sensation comic books offer more than any other super hero movie but apart from that the movie was flat due to the fact that there was no real conflict, no real drama, no real tension what-so-ever. It was more of a shameless fanservice extravaganza.

I mean at no point was anything in the movie at peril. It was like having half a dozen of supermen who never even for a second knelled down or missed or lost power. They didn't avenge anything, it was a matter of when they would show up. Kinda boring really.

pokoko said:
We have one of the better villains of all time coming up.

Loki was just...pointless. At no point was he menacing or really achieved anything.

The Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America all actually struggled in their respective movies. In Avengers... it was a walk in the park

I loved both movies, I probably enjoyed TDKR more overall but The Avengers was a great movie as well. Also the two movies are much different, The Avengers is an action comedy meant to bring smiles and TDKR is a serious action movie trying to pull off a thrilling story. This guy is too serious.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:

I wouldn't call it appalling but I kinda agree.

Avengers was visually so impressive that it did have that craziness and over the top sensation comic books offer more than any other super hero movie but apart from that the movie was flat due to the fact that there was no real conflict, no real drama, no real tension what-so-ever. It was more of a shameless fanservice extravaganza.

I mean at no point was anything in the movie at peril. It was like having half a dozen of supermen who never even for a second knelled down or missed or lost power. They didn't avenge anything, it was a matter of when they would show up. Kinda boring really.

pokoko said:
We have one of the better villains of all time coming up.

Loki was just...pointless. At no point was he menacing or really achieved anything.

The Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America all actually struggled in their respective movies. In Avengers... it was a walk in the park

I'm not talking about Loki.  I'm talking about the real villain of the Avengers films.

And I'm almost certain Loki intended to lose and that things worked out exactly as planned.  The invaders never were supposed to win.  The film even makes a point of reminding us that Loki never, ever cared about being ruler of earth.  From the looks of things, we might be headed into Infinity Gauntlet territory.