Forums - Website Topics - Moderators making unjust bans

I received an unjust two week ban for the following post:

Jumpin said:
I think it is pretty clear that most kids in western countries are too stupid to know how to eat properly.

This post can be found following this link: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4798020

The reason for the ban is pretty much an outright lie. The message I received is as follows:

twesterm said:
Trolling (You've been warned about this kind of behavior before. Please don't insult all Americans by saying they're all too stupid to eat right.) ~ twesterm [4798020]

Now I need to ask this moderator twestern, just HOW do you get "all Americans" out of "most kids in western countries".

Seeing as how I was banned for two weeks, I was not able to respond at all to this nonsense until now.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

The mods here are on power trips, just ignore it. I nearly got banned last week for sticking up for the mods. Last time i will ever do that.

Two weeks is way too much for that, but you do have a history, don't you?

That seems really harsh. On another note. American bought out the west with borrowed money from the east.

Well...I think it comes down to what Pezus said. It is alright to be a little wild with posts, but when you have been banned over and over again for the same thing they watch you like a hawk, and take no shit. So you are kind of on thin ice for a while. That is just how it goes.

But that does seem a little harsh for what you said. Water you going to do?

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

Two things:

1) The person who reported you and the person who banned you weren't doing Americans any favor by reinforcing the stereotype that the worldview of American's is very limited. While the context of the thread in question was USA-only, it doesn't mean that each and every post will be limited to this context.

2) You can contact moderators via e-mail, so you also have to blame yourself for not being able to return for two weeks.

EDIT: Actually, there's a third point I need to add.

3) You shouldn't post threads about a moderator's action, because that in and of itself can lead to further moderation. If you have any issues with a decision, you should contact the moderator in question via PM. If you aren't satisfied with the response, you can contact the head moderator (axumblade).

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

I think your quote is a bit fucked up seeing as how that's technically blatant lie.
The correct thing you should have said was:

"I think it is pretty clear that most parents in western countries are too stupid to teach their kids how to eat properly."

You've had a history of this kind of generalizing/behaviour and you got a long ban for it. I don't see how this is unfair if you keep trying to piss off people voluntarily.

Also,

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I was previously banned for a month for telling a moderator that he shouldn't celebrate the closing of a studio and people losing jobs, even if he didn't like their games.

I have to disagree with Rol on one point. Now days these threads are allowed because they can be interesting and fun to watch. Even if it is not fun for the mods or OP. Or maybe the mods just want to hear what people have to say now.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

ManusJustus said:
I was previously banned for a month for telling a moderator that he shouldn't celebrate the closing of a studio and people losing jobs, even if he didn't like their games.

I just looked through your mod history and see that your longest ban is 20 days rather than 1 month, in which you were telling badgenome that (to your surprise) he has the mental capabilities of a chimp who can form words with basic meaning with letters but has no capacity of reading comprehension. You also threw the word "retarded" around a few times.

As for the thread creator, I have yet to look into your specific case for this single ban but from your mod history you appear to make a lot of sweeping generalizations to put entire groups of people under one umbrella (ironically doing that now as well in thinking all the mods act as a single hive minded entity out to get you). I will look into this case when I get to work as I need more context to your post in that thread. I know not much can be done to remove it at this point but given your history with this type of moderation action, if this case is seen to be a poor judgment call from the mod in question then your next moderation (if it occurs) for this type of behavior would not increase in severity.