By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Moderators making unjust bans

I received an unjust two week ban for the following post:

Jumpin said:
I think it is pretty clear that most kids in western countries are too stupid to know how to eat properly.

This post can be found following this link: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4798020

The reason for the ban is pretty much an outright lie. The message I received is as follows:

twesterm said:
Trolling (You've been warned about this kind of behavior before. Please don't insult all Americans by saying they're all too stupid to eat right.) ~ twesterm [4798020]

Now I need to ask this moderator twestern, just HOW do you get "all Americans" out of "most kids in western countries".

Seeing as how I was banned for two weeks, I was not able to respond at all to this nonsense until now.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

The mods here are on power trips, just ignore it. I nearly got banned last week for sticking up for the mods. Last time i will ever do that.

That seems really harsh. On another note. American bought out the west with borrowed money from the east.

I think your quote is a bit fucked up seeing as how that's technically blatant lie.
The correct thing you should have said was:

"I think it is pretty clear that most parents in western countries are too stupid to teach their kids how to eat properly."

You've had a history of this kind of generalizing/behaviour and you got a long ban for it. I don't see how this is unfair if you keep trying to piss off people voluntarily.

Also,

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I was previously banned for a month for telling a moderator that he shouldn't celebrate the closing of a studio and people losing jobs, even if he didn't like their games.

Around the Network

You shouldn't have insulted anyone.

RolStoppable said:

You shouldn't post threads about a moderator's action, because that in and of itself can lead to further moderation. If you have any issues with a decision, you should contact the moderator in question via PM. If you aren't satisfied with the response, you can contact the head moderator (axumblade).

This is actually stated in the rules.  I will leave this up to Tads though since he said that he'll take care of it.

I will say this though.  This is one of many times that the writer of the OP has insulted an entire group of people (many times it's been Americans).

These types of threads are not a good idea.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

spurgeonryan said:
RolStoppable said:
ManusJustus said:
I was previously banned for a month for telling a moderator that he shouldn't celebrate the closing of a studio and people losing jobs, even if he didn't like their games.

I was banned for a month, because I had an affair with a moderator's wife.

How is that possible unless the moderator was Australian as well? Mrs. Nordlead?

Mixing Australia with Austria, ban this man now!

OT: Why do people believe that;

A: We feel sorry for people who get banned when there's a post history and general attitude problem at the core of it all?

B: Think its a good idea to make entire threads to complain about moderations? Especially single cases like this rather than as a general comment.

I've never been banned and only recieved two warnings but I've had countless heated debates in over five years and even slightly crossed the line a few times. If you play nice and generally keep a civil tone and refrain from name-calling and other frolics, its not very hard to avoid being banned all the time.

spurgeonryan said:
amp316 said:
RolStoppable said:

You shouldn't post threads about a moderator's action, because that in and of itself can lead to further moderation. If you have any issues with a decision, you should contact the moderator in question via PM. If you aren't satisfied with the response, you can contact the head moderator (axumblade).

This is actually stated in the rules.  I will leave this up to Tads though since he said that he'll take care of it.

I will say this though.  This is one of many times that the writer of the OP has insulted an entire group of people (mild or severe).

These types of threads are not a good idea.

Lo and behold! When a vgchart brake line is cut, look who shows up as a bystander. Suspect number 1 is AMP! Was your Assassination thread locked?

No, it's still there but no one has responded to it since last night...

Like I said, I'll let Tads take care of this since I usually am not very level headed when it comes to people that repeatedly insult the country that I'm from.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

spurgeonryan said:
amp316 said:

No, it's still there but no one has responded to it since last night...

Like I said, I'll let Tads take care of this since I usually am not very level headed when it comes to people that repeatedly insult the country that I'm from.

I once called Americans a bunch of gun toting, Freedom loving, Football zombies. All you did was applaud me.

/fred ( copyrighted)

But those things are  true about us.