By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Who won the debate? Biden or Ryan?

Who won the debate?

Vice President Joe Biden 218 52.03%

Congressman Paul Ryan 123 29.36%

Nobody/Tie 73 17.42%

Total:414

From what I saw I'd say Ryan won... I tuned in during Abortion and their religion. And before that they were talking about Syria but didn't see all that I don't think

Around the Network
AstroMaSSi said:
Who cares?

I think Americans do... but I still don't get why people from other countries really care about our Government...

BenVTrigger said:
Holy shit what the fuck is with the moderator?

Why in the fuck is she sitting here pretty much drilling Ryan and not even challenging Biden? Is it that hard to just act basic questions and not put any of your own opinions in?

Yeah, Ryan was being treated like the incumbent and Biden had to defend little to nothing after the initial Libya question. She did ask Biden to specify what the plan was to deal with the deficit besides raising taxes on the rich since, as Ryan pointed out, there simply aren't enough rich people to tax to even dent the deficit, but then the issue was dropped.

Pretty weak debate overall, IMO.

Loldebate
Ryan didn't answer A SINGLE QUESTION.
Except the last one, the final question "Hasn't it been a negative campaign so far" he answered with a three minute negative tirade...

Coca-Cola said:
Actually this was not like a real debate.
It was like an interview on CNN.
The moderator was definitely on Biden's side.
Ryan did well going against the two.

Exactly what I meant when I said "This environment was boring"

Around the Network

I do think it's pretty funny though that some of the same people who are criticizing Biden for interrupting Ryan were supportive of Romney interrupting Obama, and even the Moderator.

Ryan:We have no humanitarian consideration for war.
Moderator: Ok, next question, 'how does your religion influence your decisions'?

NintendoPie said:
AstroMaSSi said:
Who cares?

I think Americans do... but I still don't get why people from other countries really care about out Government...

because the american government is involved in everybody elses government...

gergroy said:
Kasz216 said:

Who won this debate is largely going to boil down to how much people are upset at Biden's constant interruptions.  I think they both did pretty poorly.

Paul Ryan's biggest weakness was that he didn't really repeat things too often in the same question. He said "Not in the east" then when Biden interrupted, didn't re mention the fact that what Biden was talking about wasn't true in the east again. Assuming people either got that from his original statement or already knew it.

Biden almost really walked into it when he mentioned his family. For a second it looked like he was going to lie again about how his family died, like he did back when he had much less national media on him and there weren't fact checkers. If he would of did that... it would of been disastrous.

his family died in a car accident right?  has he said they died a different way before?

No, he said they died in a car accident.  Years later he just said they were killed by a drunk driver.

When in reality the police investigation showed that not only was the driver not drunk, but it was Joe Biden's wife who was at fault for the accident.

Source article isn't up but...

"

Since his vice presidential nomination, Joe Biden's 2007 statement that a "guy who allegedly ... drank his lunch" and drove the truck that struck and killed his first wife and daughter has gained national media traction.

Alcohol didn't play a role in the 1972 crash, investigators found. But as recently as last week, the syndicated TV show Inside Edition aired a clip from 2001 of Biden describing the accident to an audience at the University of Delaware and saying the truck driver "stopped to drink instead of drive."

The senator's statements don't jibe with news and law enforcement reports from the time, which cleared driver Curtis C. Dunn, who died in 1999, of wrongdoing.

"To see it coming from [Biden's] mouth, I just burst into tears," Dunn's daughter, Glasgow resident Pamela Hamill, 44, said Wednesday. "My dad was always there for us. Now we feel like we should be there for him because he's not here to defend himself."

Biden spokesman David Wade said Wednesday that the senator "fully accepts the Dunn family's word that these rumors were false."  "

http://advanceindiana.blogspot.com/2008/09/delaware-newspaper-calls-out-biden-from.html

NintendoPie said:
AstroMaSSi said:
Who cares?

I think Americans do... but I still don't get why people from other countries really care about out Government...

As a Canadian I will be heavily impacted by the decisions of the next president, so I'm interested in what the candidates have to say ...