By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Who won the debate? Biden or Ryan?

Who won the debate?

Vice President Joe Biden 218 52.03%

Congressman Paul Ryan 123 29.36%

Nobody/Tie 73 17.42%

Total:414
BenVTrigger said:
Biden seemed like an angry over defensive shouting man.

Either way terrible debate. I give it to Ryan simply for not being a complete head case.

And the moderator was simply pathetic, one of the worst Ive ever seen. She let her personal opinion show FAR too much. This woman should never be allowed to do this again.

She asked the tough questions. Sorry that didn't jive with you. He wasn't answering questions. She asked "what are you plans, specifically, for fixing the economy" Ryan gives his 5 points. "yes, but what are the specifics"

Mod wasn't being mean, or biased, she asked him to answer questions.

Either way, if Ryan wins, they already planning to cut WGBH, so he can fire her personally if he wants.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Biden seemed like an angry over defensive shouting man.

Wouldn't you get angry, too? Ryan was basically bullshitting for 90 minutes. Absolutely incredible for me that people actually like this phoney guy.

NintendoPie said:
AstroMaSSi said:
Who cares?

I think Americans do... but I still don't get why people from other countries really care about our Government...

Because America is the most infulential country in the world... and honestly at the moment sadly the global economic brightspot.

Max King of the Wild said:
Wagram said:
I do think it's pretty funny though that some of the same people who are criticizing Biden for interrupting Ryan were supportive of Romney interrupting Obama, and even the Moderator.

You didn't watch the presidential debate did you? Because both Romney and Obama interupted the moderator about the same and Obama complained about his time even though he spoke 5 minutes longer.

Not his fault, he had to argue against both the new romney, and the romney from a week ago. Technically, Obama ONLY went over 5 minutes even though he had two debates.

Biden denied knowing there was a request for more security? Pathetic... I'm watching fact checker right now

Biden denying that he voted for the wars... but he did... how the fuck do you forget about that?

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
NintendoPie said:
AstroMaSSi said:
Who cares?

I think Americans do... but I still don't get why people from other countries really care about our Government...

Because America is the most infulential country in the world... and honestly at the moment sadly the global economic brightspot.

And there is always the possibility that a Romney/Ryan president would invade your country if you don't agree with them......

Kasz216 said:
NintendoPie said:
AstroMaSSi said:
Who cares?

Well... that is quite... sad/pathetic. (I'm not sure if this post needs a face or not...)

Wagram said:
I do think it's pretty funny though that some of the same people who are criticizing Biden for interrupting Ryan were supportive of Romney interrupting Obama, and even the Moderator.

You didn't watch the presidential debate did you? Because both Romney and Obama interupted the moderator about the same and Obama complained about his time even though he spoke 5 minutes longer.

Oh I definitely did watch it, i'm just saying I find the double standard hilarious. Doesn't make it right either way to interupt but the bias some people have shows bright as the sun.

Biden denying that he voted for the wars... but he did... how the fuck do you forget about that?

Yeah, that was astonishing. I was shocked that neither Ryan nor the moderator called him out on that.

theprof00 said:
Wagram said:

yep

romney had the opening and closing statements on every topic, interrupted the mod every time.

I didn't say anything. I said, kind of rude, but I think Romney definitely won.
Too bad all I hear tonight is boohoo b-b-biden was interrupting

So did Obama... and he went over the alloted time more.