By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Who won the debate? Biden or Ryan?

Who won the debate?

Vice President Joe Biden 218 52.03%

Congressman Paul Ryan 123 29.36%

Nobody/Tie 73 17.42%

Total:414

Who won the debate?  Biden or Ryan?  What parts stuck out?  Did it change your opinion at all?

Around the Network

Pretty sure this is gonna be a blowout for Ryan..

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Something to consider, expectations for Biden are very low.

Joe Biden actually has a lower approval rating then Paul Ryan.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-poll-ryan-biden-debate-20121010,0,7966703.story

mrstickball said:

I looked up that word and it has negative connotations in normal use but any political use was positive. Am I right?

Soleron said:
mrstickball said:

I looked up that word and it has negative connotations in normal use but any political use was positive. Am I right?

In sports a blowout is when you score way more points then your opponent to the point of where the match isn't even close.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Soleron said:
mrstickball said:

In sports a blowout is when you score way more points then your opponent to the point of where the match isn't even close.

OK. I still think it's just an American word.

Kasz216 said:
Something to consider, expectations for Biden are very low.

Joe Biden actually has a lower approval rating then Paul Ryan.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-poll-ryan-biden-debate-20121010,0,7966703.story

Like the article says, this vp debate is very similar to cheny vs edwards.  If biden merely manages to hold his own in this debate, he will be declared the winner just because everybodies expectations are so low.

another point to consider here is Ryan hasnt actually debated anybody before.  He may be a wonk, but wonks dont do well in debates.  

Soleron said:
Kasz216 said:
Soleron said:
mrstickball said:

OK. I still think it's just an American word.

I was using the American sports connotation.

Ryan is a policy wonk. Hate him or not, he knows his stuff. Biden doesn't. He barely could keep pace with Sarah Palin 4 years ago.. That should tell you how bad he is in a formal debate.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

So...... I thought the debate was tonight... Sorry for making the thread a day early...

Low expectations for Biden indeed, but you don't get as far as he did without having some politicking skill

Although if he doesn't leap over the podium and pound Ryan's lying face into a pulp, that makes Biden a better man than me.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.