By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Who won the debate? Biden or Ryan?

Who won the debate?

Vice President Joe Biden 218 52.03%

Congressman Paul Ryan 123 29.36%

Nobody/Tie 73 17.42%

Total:414

I am streaming it... and Biden has interupted a lot.

Around the Network

Clear strategy for Obama/Biden was for Biden to interrupt Ryan all night long.
I think it's working out for Biden.

Holy shit what the fuck is with the moderator?

Why in the fuck is she sitting here pretty much drilling Ryan and not even challenging Biden? Is it that hard to just act basic questions and not put any of your own opinions in?

The environment was actually kinda boring for this debate.

I like how Ryan delivered the last few questions (didn't see the very begining)

I think the last few questions made Biden look like a baby... he complained 2 or 3 times about his time... start speaking and you'll get more time.

Who won this debate is largely going to boil down to how much people are upset at Biden's constant interruptions.  I think they both did pretty poorly.

Paul Ryan's biggest weakness was that he didn't really repeat things too often in the same question. He said "Not in the east" then when Biden interrupted, didn't re mention the fact that what Biden was talking about wasn't true in the east again. Assuming people either got that from his original statement or already knew it.

Biden almost really walked into it when he mentioned his family. For a second it looked like he was going to lie again about how his family died, like he did back when he had much less national media on him and there weren't fact checkers. If he would of did that... it would of been disastrous.

Around the Network

Wow... Ryan delievered the closing statement excellently.... I don't know how the entire debate went but the closing statement definatly went to Ryan in my opinion.

Well, Biden probably won, but I walk away thinking less of both VP candidates. I think they both performed very poorly. Neither of them were very good debaters...

Kasz216 said:

Who won this debate is largely going to boil down to how much people are upset at Biden's constant interruptions.  I think they both did pretty poorly.

Paul Ryan's biggest weakness was that he didn't really repeat things too often in the same question. He said "Not in the east" then when Biden interrupted, didn't re mention the fact that what Biden was talking about wasn't true in the east again. Assuming people either got that from his original statement or already knew it.

Biden almost really walked into it when he mentioned his family. For a second it looked like he was going to lie again about how his family died, like he did back when he had much less national media on him and there weren't fact checkers. If he would of did that... it would of been disastrous.

his family died in a car accident right?  has he said they died a different way before?

Actually this was not like a real debate.
It was like an interview on CNN.
The moderator was definitely on Biden's side.
Ryan did well going against the two.

Biden.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords