By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales week 40: Famitsu and media-create (october 1-7)

Panama said:
VicViper said:
While RE "underperformed", Winning Eleven did great, over my expectations (150-200) and on par with last year, even though released on RE week

What do you mean by underperformed? It doubled RE5s week 1 numbers.

Some of the more enthusiastic of us were expecting something like 900K first week. Hence the little quotes.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Wow! PS3 got close to the 3DS for a little while. Next week will be huge for the 3DS. Both those new games will sell way over 100,000 copies. I will say close to 200,000 for Bravely.

Nowhere near that number spurge, nowhere near that number at all.

Former something....

Salnax said:
Panama said:
VicViper said:
While RE "underperformed", Winning Eleven did great, over my expectations (150-200) and on par with last year, even though released on RE week

What do you mean by underperformed? It doubled RE5s week 1 numbers.

Some of the more enthusiastic of us were expecting something like 900K first week. Hence the little quotes.

I think its more people overshooting to unrealistic expectations to downplay the numbers when they are released

VicViper said:

PS3 and Resident Evil both underperformed compared to my predictions... but I think I was led by the COMG crew... 70k PS3 was a real stretch. Even though not 800k, still a respectable number for RE. The expectative is if will reach a million or not, but I think it can!

Yikes at Vita! Sub 8k
Next weel is bound to be the new low...?

3DS 65k, still great!... next week is one of my most anticipated weeks of the year... new blue 3DS, Project X-Zone and Bravely Default

C'mon Vicviper. It did great whether it didn't meet your expectation or not. You can't deny that mate. It didn't underperform. Selling twice it's predeccesor.

lol 360 higher than Wii.

RE6 didn't underperform at all. Though I'm very sure the legs will be faaar worse this time. LTD sales will probably be the same as RE5 in Japan.

Around the Network

First time 360 outsold the Wii. =O I know they're both practically dead but still it's weird to see.
I'm guessing that new PS3 model released this week so that's a decent boost for PS3 and the PSP price cut seems to be aiding it effectively. PSV already had it's best week last week so i guess it's all down hill from here unless those Red and Blue colours can do anything.
3DS finally gets 2 new games this week so it'll probably go back to completely dominating next week, still did well this week too.

CGI-Quality said:
VicViper said:

PS3 and Resident Evil both underperformed compared to my predictions... but I think I was led by the COMG crew... 70k PS3 was a real stretch. Even though not 800k, still a respectable number for RE. The expectative is if will reach a million or not, but I think it can!

Yikes at Vita! Sub 8k
Next weel is bound to be the new low...?

3DS 65k, still great!... next week is one of my most anticipated weeks of the year... new blue 3DS, Project X-Zone and Bravely Default

Realistically, your expectations were just too high. RE6 doubled RE5 on PS3 and the system boost, while moderate, isn't too shabby either.

Those were not my original expectations - I even posted before that 70k was crazy... but everybody kept saying it, that and I went aboard the hype train.
That is a moderate expectation, there were higher ones!

Aside from the glowing famitsu review, have reactions to RE6 in Japan been positive compared to the West?

Vita sells a million.

Panama said:
Aside from the glowing famitsu review, have reactions to RE6 in Japan been positive compared to the West?

well look at the user reviews in the OP:

46 for PS3 version and 10 for 360 version