By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who's the most iconic video game character of all time?

Who's the most iconic video game character of all time?

Master Chief 72 80.90%

Marcus Phoenix 14 15.73%

Total:86

Mario -> Link -> Master Chief -> Sonic

Around the Network

I use "the Mom test" because she never plays games and calls my Playstation 3 "his new Nintendo" because that is what games are played on, "Nintendos".

She would not have heard of 99% of all game characters, and she knows who Mario is and could identify and describe him. He is not just a gaming icon, he's a cultural one.

RolStoppable said:
You basically answered the question with your poll. Master Chief is more iconic, because you can't even spell the name of Marcus Fenix correctly.

This embarrassment serves you right after your campaign against pezus's avatar.

...and mario.

Master chief and that Gears guy lol that was a funny op.

I think the word Hadouken is probably more iconic than them when it comes to gaming.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network

Really this fat fuck fenix? He is not even the best character in his own game. The Cole train is the best gears of War character. Fenix is just this generic Jon Travolta looking guy on steroids.

superchunk said:
CGI-Quality said:
superchunk said:
Mario is the only answer.

Additionally, Mario is the same answer to, "What is the most iconic character or mascot for any company of all time?"

2nd to that question is Mickey Mouse.

Eh, I'd argue that Bugs Bunny is bigger than Mario and only topped by the likes of Mickey Mouse (for a company that is). In video games, nobody really even comes close to Mario, it's a complete shut-out.

Bugs???  Are you crazy?

You might have an argument with Mickey, but there is no way Bugs Bunny is more iconic than either of them.

Mario and Mickey are on EVERYTHING related to their companies. Bugs is on very little for WB and it was only very recently that they even began to reintroduce Looney Tunes as a franchise.

Mario is THE most iconic character the world over followed by Mickey.

no way.  i just came back from a trip to peru and you know what i saw in the rual parts where most homes didn't even have electricity?  mickey mouse and donald duck trash cans (not offical, decorated by the locals).  mario is huge.   but as long as video games remains a 2nd teir form of entertainment to television...mickey is still more iconic.

Tetris block.

Take my love, take my land..

oh yeah and the ? box from mario also beats them

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

My 80 year old grandmother who has never played a video game in her life knows who Master Chief and Marcus Phoenix are.