By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "no one is playing games on Wii" - Mike Goodman. "ROFFLE!!!" - My response

Sqrl said:
Bingoo said:

Knowtice the word "little" next to the word "true"????

Also it should have more success with twice the userbase

The first part is backpeddling.

If the second part is in reference to the attach ratio figures (which it appears to be) then the statement is made in ignorance.  Attach ratios fully account for any disparity in the sizes of userbases.

We are argueing about 3rd party, show me data where wii is completely dominating in software without its 1st party.

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Around the Network
Bingoo said:

No size is completely relevant, even if wii is dominating sales and has a huge fanbase, this only proves it can barely outsell software on a much smaller based console.

Yes they do, but very little.

The attach ratio figures presented earlier are calculated as follows:

[software for console sold] / [total consoles sold to consumers] = [console attach ratio]

The PS3 was outsold more than 2:1 by the Wii in a straight software volume comparison. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
Bingoo said:

No size is completely relevant, even if wii is dominating sales and has a huge fanbase, this only proves it can barely outsell software on a much smaller based console.

[software for console sold] / [total consoles sold to consumers] = [console attach ratio]

The PS3 was outsold more than 2:1 by the Wii in a straight software volume comparison. 

once again 3rd party sqrl im not stating that again

Bingoo said:
Sqrl said:
Bingoo said:

First of all people play games on their console, they don't say "Hmm let me pull out my 1st party games". They play their games period. So 3rd party vs 1st is irrelevant for a discussion about whether people play their Wii or not.

How third parties are doing is a completely different debate that has been had on this site many times before, but I will address it despite it being off topic.

Show me a 3rd party game that deserved more success than it got.

If companies make a crappy product, fail to advertise, or just don't attempt to make games at all then whose fault is it that they sell poorly?

Honestly you're grasping at straws now like most people do. Nobody is saying the 3rd party situation is a rosey picture of sunshine at the moment but this idea that somehow it is a money pit are completely unfounded. Good third party games that were advertised well have done well (see RE4, GH3, etc..). But there will always be the next thing people find wrong with how its performing, it works the same way with the PS3 and 360 as well and people always find stuff to nitpick. Its nothing new.

Sqrl said:
Bingoo said:
Sqrl said:
Bingoo said:

First of all people play games on their console, they don't say "Hmm let me pull out my 1st party games". They play their games period. So 3rd party vs 1st is irrelevant for a discussion about whether people play their Wii or not.

How third parties are doing is a completely different debate that has been had on this site many times before, but I will address it despite it being off topic.

Show me a 3rd party game that deserved more success than it got.

If companies make a crappy product, fail to advertise, or just don't attempt to make games at all then whose fault is it that they sell poorly?

Honestly you're grasping at straws now like most people do. Nobody is saying the 3rd party situation is a rosey picture of sunshine at the moment but this idea that somehow it is a money pit are completely unfounded. Good third party games that were advertised well have done well (see RE4, GH3, etc..). But there will always be the next thing people find wrong with how its performing, it works the same way with the PS3 and 360 as well and people always find stuff to nitpick. Its nothing new.

No im only showing he may have a little truth in terms of 3rd party, which means pulling out 1st party is completely relevant.

How 3rd partys are doing is completely relevent because you know what, 3rd party support defines a console. Also if people are not really playing 3rd party games he has a little truth to his subject, though alot of people do its not quite where it should be.

Whether they deserve it doesnt really matter. Look at mario and sonic at the olympics. Looks to be a mediocre game at best, yet because it has the mario name its sold big time. This only proves that whether the game is good or not people will generally only buy games that are associated with 1st party/nintendo.

Im not saying its a money pit, im just saying i can see a little truth in his arguement instead of all the wii fanboys crying

LOL ROFFLE WHAT A LOSER LOOK AT WII DOMINATION

Around the Network
Bingoo said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Bingoo said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Bingoo said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

making your judgements on little factual evidence makes you look bad, you may not like the Wii, but saying that no one plays the Wii is fales, and saying that third party games don't sell on Wii is also false

What judgements did i make besides my opinion? I NEVER SAID NO ONE PLAYS IT!

No i didnt say they dont sell, they do however sell poorly, if you want me to show you the charts i will, but it should be clearly clear that few 3rd partys have had even decent success.

There has been more success on the Wii than the PS3, and you stated that the article title was true, so you did say that no one plays it

Doesn't matter if its a little you still agreed with it, and its false so you are wrong

Also siz of userbase is irrelevant, Sony screwed up, so their userbase is smaller, however third parties do sell on Wii 

Your logic is rediculas, it is a little true, 3rd party games are not really getting played, which makes it a little true. Everything will most likely have a little truth to it. Also this article is completely false based on your opinion, and your opinion is not fact, nor is mine, so im done argueing with you.

Again on Wii third parites are having more success than on PS3, so it isnt on Wii that they aren't being played

Nope its software sales are much higher, it just has more quality software to fuel its sales, but sales are still higher even on third party 

You logic is flawed 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

RolStoppable said:
Bingoo said:

Sqr it would appear you have no idea what we are talking about. My opinion is data, because it is in fact my opinion if i can like my wii or not, or prefer it to other consoles.

Attach rates do absolutley NOTHING to prove if i like the wii or not. I have no idea what so ever where your logic is because im not talking about attach rates (which could be argued since most are nintendo games) im talking about whether im a troll or not because i said i prefer another console to another.

Cant even post a opinion on this site at this point

Why are you using a sockpuppet account? I had respect for you, really. There are several things that indicate who you really are:

1. You haven't logged in with your original account since you created your sockpuppet account.
  2. The way you spell "ridiculous".
  3. You don't use apostrophes and within a sentence you don't use capital letters.

Everyone is allowed to state their opinion in this forum, but if you make claims about sales numbers and attach rates and the like, you should make sure that the facts support your point without cherrypicking numbers.

Stop using this sockpuppet account and use your real one, Lost tears of Kain.

You could have just asked, ive told who i am in quite a few posts, if i could log onto my real account i would but no matter what i do it says invalid password, and frankly at this point i dont give a danm, i barely come on here anyways.

You want me to go through all the trouble to find evidence that 3rd party games generally dont do so hot on the wii? Comon please its well known

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Bingoo said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Bingoo said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Bingoo said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

making your judgements on little factual evidence makes you look bad, you may not like the Wii, but saying that no one plays the Wii is fales, and saying that third party games don't sell on Wii is also false

What judgements did i make besides my opinion? I NEVER SAID NO ONE PLAYS IT!

No i didnt say they dont sell, they do however sell poorly, if you want me to show you the charts i will, but it should be clearly clear that few 3rd partys have had even decent success.

There has been more success on the Wii than the PS3, and you stated that the article title was true, so you did say that no one plays it

Doesn't matter if its a little you still agreed with it, and its false so you are wrong

Also siz of userbase is irrelevant, Sony screwed up, so their userbase is smaller, however third parties do sell on Wii 

Your logic is rediculas, it is a little true, 3rd party games are not really getting played, which makes it a little true. Everything will most likely have a little truth to it. Also this article is completely false based on your opinion, and your opinion is not fact, nor is mine, so im done argueing with you.

Again on Wii third parites are having more success than on PS3, so it isnt on Wii that they aren't being played

Nope its software sales are much higher, it just has more quality software to fuel its sales, but sales are still higher even on third party 

You logic is flawed 

You did nothing to point out that i was wrong with the first party, cause guess right i was right.

LOL whatever, im not argueing with a person with that stuff in their sig.

If it has a bigger fanbase it should have more sales.........just wow

Bingoo said:

No im only showing he may have a little truth in terms of 3rd party, which means pulling out 1st party is completely relevant.

How 3rd partys are doing is completely relevent because you know what, 3rd party support defines a console. Also if people are not really playing 3rd party games he has a little truth to his subject, though alot of people do its not quite where it should be.

Whether they deserve it doesnt really matter. Look at mario and sonic at the olympics. Looks to be a mediocre game at best, yet because it has the mario name its sold big time. This only proves that whether the game is good or not people will generally only buy games that are associated with 1st party/nintendo.

Im not saying its a money pit, im just saying i can see a little truth in his arguement instead of all the wii fanboys crying

LOL ROFFLE WHAT A LOSER LOOK AT WII DOMINATION

If his argument only has a "little truth" when we ONLY look at 3rd party then how good is his argument considering he fails to single out 3rd party? You're basically making exscuses for the argument.

But as I said his argument is about how much time people spend playing games and neither you or I can seperate out how much time is spent on 1st vs 3rd party games so the "amount" of truth is indescernable in terms of 1st or 3rd part. What is descernable is that people play their Wii quite a bit according to Nintendo's own polls put out during E307. But more than that the article says that he thinks 3rd parties will leave the Wii "sooner rather than later". Which is of course ridiculous when the console has the lowest development cost and is poised to have an overwhelming lead in terms of sales by the time any game that is started now is released. We can try to find a "little truth" in each of his arguments but it doesn't make a bit of difference when his overall idea is way off base.

Whether games deserve to flop or not does matter. I would be far more concerned if games like Boogie were doing well, and you would be complaining about that too if it had sold well.

Now, what is your underlying point? Even if there were a "little truth" in his position, who cares? What does that matter? What does this "little truth" mean in terms of impacting sales in your opinion?

RolStoppable said:
Bingoo said:
RolStoppable said:
Bingoo said:

Sqr it would appear you have no idea what we are talking about. My opinion is data, because it is in fact my opinion if i can like my wii or not, or prefer it to other consoles.

Attach rates do absolutley NOTHING to prove if i like the wii or not. I have no idea what so ever where your logic is because im not talking about attach rates (which could be argued since most are nintendo games) im talking about whether im a troll or not because i said i prefer another console to another.

Cant even post a opinion on this site at this point

Why are you using a sockpuppet account? I had respect for you, really. There are several things that indicate who you really are:

1. You haven't logged in with your original account since you created your sockpuppet account.
  2. The way you spell "ridiculous".
  3. You don't use apostrophes and within a sentence you don't use capital letters.

Everyone is allowed to state their opinion in this forum, but if you make claims about sales numbers and attach rates and the like, you should make sure that the facts support your point without cherrypicking numbers.

Stop using this sockpuppet account and use your real one, Lost tears of Kain.

You could have just asked, ive told who i am in quite a few posts, if i could log onto my real account i would but no matter what i do it says invalid password, and frankly at this point i dont give a danm, i barely come on here anyways.

You want me to go through all the trouble to find evidence that 3rd party games generally dont do so hot on the wii? Comon please its well known

I just looked through your posting history and noticed that you signed your first few posts with your original username. So it's not a sockpuppet account you are using for your trolling, I am sorry about the little missunderstanding.

If you want to prove that 3rd parties are doing bad on the Wii, you better should give several good examples of games that bombed, but deserved to sell better. If 3rd parties are really doing that bad, it will be easy for you to find at least five games that deserved to sell better. The majority of 3rd party games sold accordingly to their quality which was most of the time bad. 

your fine, its just kinda ridiculas (hah) that people jump to me being a troll so fast.

I dont think they are doing that bad but not great.

Yea i know about the qaulity issue but im just saying i see some truth in his arguement, though how little it may be