By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "no one is playing games on Wii" - Mike Goodman. "ROFFLE!!!" - My response

Bingoo said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Bingoo said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Bingoo said:

There has been more success on the Wii than the PS3, and you stated that the article title was true, so you did say that no one plays it

Knowtice the word "little" next to the word "true"????

Also it should have more success with twice the userbase

Doesn't matter if its a little you still agreed with it, and its false so you are wrong

Also siz of userbase is irrelevant, Sony screwed up, so their userbase is smaller, however third parties do sell on Wii 

Your logic is rediculas, it is a little true, 3rd party games are not really getting played, which makes it a little true. Everything will most likely have a little truth to it. Also this article is completely false based on your opinion, and your opinion is not fact, nor is mine, so im done argueing with you.

No size is completely relevant, even if wii is dominating sales and has a huge fanbase, this only proves it can barely outsell software on a much smaller based console.

Yes they do, but very little.

Again on Wii third parites are having more success than on PS3, so it isnt on Wii that they aren't being played

Nope its software sales are much higher, it just has more quality software to fuel its sales, but sales are still higher even on third party 

You logic is flawed 

You did nothing to point out that i was wrong with the first party, cause guess right i was right.

LOL whatever, im not argueing with a person with that stuff in their sig.

If it has a bigger fanbase it should have more sales.........just wow

No I did, you were wrong becaus ethey are getting played more on Wii than on PS3

And again its not about userbase, because userbase is driven by games, Wii has better games overall than PS3, so it has nothing to do with userbase just better games, and even third parties sell better on Wii

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
Bingoo said:

No im only showing he may have a little truth in terms of 3rd party, which means pulling out 1st party is completely relevant.

How 3rd partys are doing is completely relevent because you know what, 3rd party support defines a console. Also if people are not really playing 3rd party games he has a little truth to his subject, though alot of people do its not quite where it should be.

Whether they deserve it doesnt really matter. Look at mario and sonic at the olympics. Looks to be a mediocre game at best, yet because it has the mario name its sold big time. This only proves that whether the game is good or not people will generally only buy games that are associated with 1st party/nintendo.

Im not saying its a money pit, im just saying i can see a little truth in his arguement instead of all the wii fanboys crying

LOL ROFFLE WHAT A LOSER LOOK AT WII DOMINATION

If his argument only has a "little truth" when we ONLY look at 3rd party then how good is his argument considering he fails to single out 3rd party?  You're basically making exscuses for the argument.

But as I said his argument is about how much time people spend playing games and neither you or I can seperate out how much time is spent on 1st vs 3rd party games so the "amount" of truth is indescernable in terms of 1st or 3rd part.  What is descernable is that people play their Wii quite a bit according to Nintendo's own polls put out during E307.   But more than that the article says that he thinks 3rd parties will leave the Wii "sooner rather than later".  Which is of course ridiculous when the console has the lowest development cost and is poised to have an overwhelming lead in terms of sales by the time any game that is started now is released.  We can try to find a "little truth" in each of his arguments but it doesn't make a bit of difference when his overall idea is way off base.

Whether games deserve to flop or not does matter.  I would be far more concerned if games like Boogie were doing well, and you would be complaining about that too if it had sold well.  

Now, what is your underlying point?  Even if there were a "little truth" in his position, who cares?  What does that matter? What does this "little truth" have in terms of impacting sales in your opinion?

Maybe i was only stating where i believe he got his idea came from.

I only cared because i got into a arguement with 5 different people trying to defend my opinion

When i get called a troll because i prefer my 360 to a wii you know something is wrong

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Bingoo said:

Maybe i was only stating where i believe he got his idea came from.

I only cared because i got into a arguement with 5 different people trying to defend my opinion

When i get called a troll because i prefer my 360 to a wii you know something is wrong

Ok great so we know where his idea came from. But then why did you feel that was so important to point out if it really doesn't mean much of anything? Why would you argue with a bunch of people if it wasn't important?  I was trying to understand your point and now it seems like their wasn't one...was there?

As for being called a troll, if you were called a troll just for liking 360 over Wii then sure thats messed up. But I've read over the thread and it seems to me you were called a troll for being obstinate and confrontational. But thats just my opinion of the situation, you can't get mad at me for that

To Each Man, Responsibility

come on......it's the same thing again and again what you are doing, there is no meaning at all!!

and also, please ps3 and xbox360 fans, for god's sake, admit that wii is more successful and selling more, and will be selling more!!

by the way, there are NO wii fanboys!!! No-one says ps3/xbox360 sucks or they are are for maniacs and so on...... and no Wii fan finds stupid reasons to explain something.....

Wii fans are normal people!!! :p

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Guitar Hero III: Legends of RockActivision
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic GamesSega 843,877
Rayman Raving RabbidsUbisoft 715,165
Resident Evil 4: Wii EditionCapcom 669,947
Red SteelUbisoft 450,396
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07EA 426,334
Madden NFL 07EA 423,495
Madden NFL 08EA 423,135
Carnival GamesTake 2 405,409
Sonic and the Secret RingsSega 404,407
Lego Star Wars: The Complete SagaLucasArts 400,080
Super Monkey Ball: Banana BlitzSega 354,375
Call of Duty 3Activision 353,340
MySimsEA350,689
High School Musical: Sing It!Konami 324,149
Resident Evil: Umbrella ChroniclesCapcom 284,865

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2

Ubisoft 282,493
Cooking Mama: Cook OffMajesco267,573
Spiderman: The Movie 3Activision 266,558
Marvel: Ultimate AllianceActivision 261,979

This is from another thread on the first page of this section. Its only NA sales and I don't think its even a complete list. 250k in one of the major territories is surely a successfull game.

Now take into consideration that this is the first year of a console that was written off by the entire industry and third parties especially and I think you will see something remarkable.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Bingoo said:
Sqrl said:
Bingoo said:
Sqrl said:
Bingoo said:

No size is completely relevant, even if wii is dominating sales and has a huge fanbase, this only proves it can barely outsell software on a much smaller based console.

Yes they do, but very little.

The attach ratio figures presented earlier are calculated as follows:

[software for console sold] / [total consoles sold to consumers] = [console attach ratio]

The PS3 was outsold more than 2:1 by the Wii in a straight software volume comparison.

once again 3rd party sqrl im not stating that again

First of all people play games on their console, they don't say "Hmm let me pull out my 1st party games". They play their games period. So 3rd party vs 1st is irrelevant for a discussion about whether people play their Wii or not.

How third parties are doing is a completely different debate that has been had on this site many times before, but I will address it despite it being off topic.

Show me a 3rd party game that deserved more success than it got.

If companies make a crappy product, fail to advertise, or just don't attempt to make games at all then whose fault is it that they sell poorly?

Honestly you're grasping at straws now like most people do. Nobody is saying the 3rd party situation is a rosey picture of sunshine at the moment but this idea that somehow it is a money pit are completely unfounded. Good third party games that were advertised well have done well (see RE4, GH3, etc..). But there will always be the next thing people find wrong with how its performing, it works the same way with the PS3 and 360 as well and people always find stuff to nitpick. Its nothing new.

No im only showing he may have a little truth in terms of 3rd party, which means pulling out 1st party is completely relevant.

How 3rd partys are doing is completely relevent because you know what, 3rd party support defines a console. Also if people are not really playing 3rd party games he has a little truth to his subject, though alot of people do its not quite where it should be.

Whether they deserve it doesnt really matter. Look at mario and sonic at the olympics. Looks to be a mediocre game at best, yet because it has the mario name its sold big time. This only proves that whether the game is good or not people will generally only buy games that are associated with 1st party/nintendo.

Im not saying its a money pit, im just saying i can see a little truth in his arguement instead of all the wii fanboys crying

LOL ROFFLE WHAT A LOSER LOOK AT WII DOMINATION

Actually I've actually heard nothing but good things from the people who've actually played it.  The only people i've seen who says it sucks or is mediocre are people who haven't been withing 10 yards of a copy.

Sqrl said:

Guitar Hero III: Legends of RockActivision
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic GamesSega 843,877
Rayman Raving RabbidsUbisoft 715,165
Resident Evil 4: Wii EditionCapcom 669,947
Red SteelUbisoft 450,396
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07EA 426,334
Madden NFL 07EA 423,495
Madden NFL 08EA 423,135
Carnival GamesTake 2 405,409
Sonic and the Secret RingsSega 404,407
Lego Star Wars: The Complete SagaLucasArts 400,080
Super Monkey Ball: Banana BlitzSega 354,375
Call of Duty 3Activision 353,340
MySimsEA350,689
High School Musical: Sing It!Konami 324,149
Resident Evil: Umbrella ChroniclesCapcom 284,865

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2

Ubisoft 282,493
Cooking Mama: Cook OffMajesco267,573
Spiderman: The Movie 3Activision 266,558
Marvel: Ultimate AllianceActivision 261,979

This is from another thread on the first page of this section. Its only NA sales and I don't think its even a complete list. 250k in one of the major territories is surely a successfull game.

Now take into consideration that this is the first year of a console that was written off by the entire industry and third parties especially and I think you will see something remarkable.

i see one new ip on there, and its a launch title.  that is where i draw the line.  if no non launch new ip can muster up 250k thats a bad sign.  and dont say there hasnt been any good ones.  i have heard of the zack and wiki campaign.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

You can't invent rules to create "bad signs," people need to make up their minds. Everytime their point is proven wrong they come up with some new extremely detailed qualification. And poor Zack & Wiki is always getting tossed around as some example like it was some end-all-be-all game in the last 10 years.

"Nobody plays Wii games!! WII DOOMED!"

"Wii sold the most software over the holidays and has a highr attach rate than PS3."

"Well...nobody plays 3rd party games! They don't sell! WII DOOMED!"

"Here's a list of several successful 3rd prty titles in America alone."

"Well...none of them are new IPs! Thats a bad sign! WII DOOOOOOMED! Zack and Wiki! ZACK AND WIKIIIIIIIIII!!1111 WII DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!"

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:

You can't invent rules to create "bad signs," people need to make up their minds. Everytime their point is proven wrong they come up with some new extremely detailed qualification. And poor Zack & Wiki is always getting tossed around as some example like it was some end-all-be-all game in the last 10 years.

"Nobody plays Wii games!! WII DOOMED!"

"Wii sold the most software over the holidays and has a highr attach rate than PS3."

"Well...nobody plays 3rd party games! They don't sell! WII DOOMED!"

"Here's a list of several successful 3rd prty titles in America alone."

"Well...none of them are new IPs! Thats a bad sign! WII DOOOOOOMED! Zack and Wiki! ZACK AND WIKIIIIIIIIII!!1111 WII DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!"

1) i apologize, besides red steel carnival games also got on there.

2) the ability for third parties to make new ips is a sign of a healthy ecosystem.  if all new ips fail, than the market is stagnating.  its not hard to understand that.  if nothing new can enter a market, than it is a bad and unfair market.  which in the end hurts the consumer. 

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Hmm, interesting. It went from all wii games to third party wii games and now non-launch new IP's. What's next.....games that only begin with the letter W? A game that's released on February 30th (I know what I wrote)?