By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "no one is playing games on Wii" - Mike Goodman. "ROFFLE!!!" - My response

Parokki said:
Rugger08 said:
I use my Wii for its amazing calender functionality. Definitely not for gaming.

I like how it would show the amount of each game I've played on it. If there any games to play that is.

I hate that feature.  Everytime I accidently click on it, it makes me feel like a complete loser who has nothing else to do with his time or money.

Around the Network
___O_o______ said:
You guys, this yankee guy is right to a point. most of you are nintendo fanboys, so you say there are a bunch of games to play. But, you also spout that this console is bought by a lot of casuals. Casuals honestly don't care much about the hardcore games you guys like. They are more for the mainstream games of the Wii, and give a rat's ass about the hardcore games you keep saying everyone will buy.

For a game to sell big numbers it has to hit the casual audience. Any game that sells over like 3 million in sales is hitting the casuals. (i'd argue 2 million, maybe even 1.5) A lot of games people consider "hardcore" are VERY casual games.

Like Grand Theft Auto for example.

"Hardcore" games are flops unless they casuals buy them.

The difference is... casuals don't buy "just" hardcore games.

Honestly from what i can tell "casual" means "likes more then like 2 genres."

I have never played a single game on my Wii. All I do is make new Miis and put them on parade.

Anywho, games are for losers.

Same here making, wii is fun and all, but i hardly play it compared to my 360.

Also sorry, but while the article is a little harsh its also a little true, this is what happens when the console sells to mostly casuals.

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

also, yes 1st party nintendo games are selling, but lets not talk about 3rd party which is what they really mean.

Around the Network

I bought Zack and Wiki three weeks ago and only logged on 2 hours!

Of course I WAS playing Galaxy and Trauma Center. but I only played a game for two hours!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Actually Wii has more third party million sellers than PS3

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I swear, there must be some sort of pact amongst Wii trolls. Their sentence structure is always the same. Here is the basic layout for any Wii flames:

The Wii is [1], but [2]

For space number 1, insert any of these phrases:

fun and all
is good for a while
is great for kids
selling well for now

For number 2, insert any of these phrases:

the PS3/360 are much more immersive
I got tired of it, unlike PS3/360

it's for basically for kids, not for adults
the sales will slow down soon

Mix and match these phrases to your hearts content! And remember -- always precede phrase number 2 with one of the phrases from number 1. That way, it shows that you're fair and balanced! 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:

I swear, there must be some sort of pact amongst Wii trolls. Their sentence structure is always the same. Here is the basic layout for any Wii flames:

The Wii is [1], but [2]

fun and all
is good for a while
is great for kids
selling well for now

Mix and match these phrases to your hearts content!

I wonder if we can mix them to get Wii Bingo

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Bodhesatva said:

The Wii is [1], but [2]

fun and all
is good for a while
is great for kids
selling well for now

Mix and match these phrases to your hearts content! And remember -- always precede phrase number 2 with one of the phrases from number 1. That way, it shows that you're fair and balanced! 

Youve got to be joking.

This is unbelievable, just because i prefer another console to your guys ALMIGHTY wii means im a danm troll.

This only proves how rediculas you wii fanboys are, nice going bod.

BTW i do own a wii, so what if its not my favorite console and i believe another one is better. Didnt know your opinion is fact.