By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "no one is playing games on Wii" - Mike Goodman. "ROFFLE!!!" - My response

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Ah, another Wii is a fad thread, I so missed them

yeah but the thing is why would he say this right after we saw wiis sales for the holidays

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

^haha yeah you are right

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

As they try to expand their marker to firs time gamers, it is a very likely scenario that they don't play a lot compared to usual gamers. But heck if you get both sides, it will print money for your company. SOmething that Sony and Microsoft can't do right now since they only have the hardcore market. Give it time: 50 million Wii userbase equals enormous software sales bigger than PS2's records....

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

mike_intellivision said:
Based upon data from this site for North America:

There are 7.23 games distributed per 360 sold .
There are 5.04 games distributed per Wii sold.
There are 4.87 games distributed per PS3 sold.

What this means is that 360 does have more game-playing people, but there is no statistically significant difference between Wii and PS3 adopters. And no one says PS3 owners don't play games.

Please note that this data includes pack-in/bundled games. That means 1 game for all Wiis sold and between 0-2 for all 360s and PS3s sold.

Actually, the true point is that no one is playing PS2 games. There are only 3.14 games distributed per console sold. 8*>

Mike from Morgantown

That's not an accurate meassure of game buying habbits for a few reasons. First of all, attach rate grows during a console's life (the Wii's was 4.5 with Wii Sports just a few months ago), so the one that's been out the longest will have the highest rate. Second, developers, when making games, aren't going to look at attach rate, but rather "sales per month."

Also, if you are going to analyze attach rate, this is a much more reasonable way to do so. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=12332 This can also be used as a "rate of growth" chart for software sales, which show that both the Wii and PS3 are gaining on the 360 in software sales at a very rapid rate.

CDiablo said:
My Wii is kind of like a big iphone. If I am out at a bar and need directions I just pull out the old Wii, connect it to a tv, find an open wireless network and viola! I have directions, news, sports and anything else I need for a fraction of the cost of an iphone.

And ppl say the PS3 is the system trying to do it all.....

Around the Network

here is another excellent analysis done a few years ago:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3544039.stm

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
I like Bacon said:
zackblue said:
Then I play what on my wii?

Forecast and Everybody Votes Channel!

Ah you jest but the Forecast channel is quite addictive....

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/20

RolStoppable said:
brute said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Ah, another Wii is a fad thread, I so missed them

yeah but the thing is why would he say this right after we saw wiis sales for the holidays

He wants to prove to the world that there are sillier analysts than Pachter.

Well he can't just abandon his fans... (leo-j)

Blast!
totally forgot about table tennis... the music was fun on that.

Perhaps this shows I game/read about games too much, ie when someone says ping pong I think of pong instead of table tennis.

Or perhaps it's because table tennis on Wii play sucked for 1p, and 2p was too difficult for anyone else to understand thus I didn't play it much.

I blame the option that makes me look less forgetfull.

He's right you know, I bought Zack and Wiki 2 hours ago and I'm not playing it yet!!