By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN Playstation 2008 Preview

leo-j said:
@kingofwale

Actually believe it or not in 2007 the psp has a better game line up than the ds. This time it may also be the case.

I disagree and im not going to pull out a big list because its to big :P

Also DS owns 2008 because of one game: Advanced Wars :p

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network

It is a greater lineup than both the wii and 360 ...by far

^_^

@leo-j

actually, I think DS and PSP had about the same amount of good games in 07.

here's my list for them

PSP TOP 5 (exclusive only, so Puzzle Quest doesn't count):
1. Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
2. Crush
3. Burnout Dominator
4. Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
5. Jeanne D'Arc
with honourable metion to: Castlevania and Star War Battlefront and Sid Meier's Pirates!

DS TOP 5:
1. Zelda
2. FFXII
3. FFVI
4. Pokemon
5. Lunar Knights

with honourable mention to: Contra 4.

PSP had better games, and DS had bigger names. so it's a tie

but there's nothing on DS in 08 that will match PSP's Crisis Core and God of War.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

@kingofwale

I agree.

mM
kingofwale said:
@leo-j

actually, I think DS and PSP had about the same amount of good games in 07.

here's my list for them

PSP TOP 5 (exclusive only, so Puzzle Quest doesn't count):
1. Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
2. Crush
3. Burnout Dominator
4. Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
5. Jeanne D'Arc
with honourable metion to: Castlevania and Star War Battlefront and Sid Meier's Pirates!

DS TOP 5:
1. Zelda
2. FFXII
3. FFVI
4. Pokemon
5. Lunar Knights

with honourable mention to: Contra 4.

PSP had better games, and DS had bigger names. so it's a tie

but there's nothing on DS in 08 that will match PSP's Crisis Core and God of War.

*cough* Advanced Wars *cough*

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network
skeezer said:
It is a greater lineup than both the wii and 360 ...by far

LOL, maybe for you but my WII wanted list is by far bigger than that of the PS3. Unless they make sure Disgaea 3, Eternal Sonata and White Knight Chronicles releases before the end of 2008 in the West then the PS3 list will be pulled closer, but other then that.... not.

Er no, I'm no longer interested in Japanese releases. Language is IMO too complicated.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

naznatips said:
I love the PS3's 2008 release list to be honest. It's a very very tempting invitation into HD consoles. I still haven't made a decision yet, but I definitely can't imagine any PS3 owners being disappointed with this lineup.

It is a good list, no doubt, but I think the PC list for 2008 is the best in nearly 15 years.

I think 2008 will be a truly marvelous gaming year for all platforms, there'll be a ceaseless stream of massive hits from late summer till christmas this year, and I want half of them...  

Good to see there's plenty of people pissed that they missed out Tekken 6. It's not gonna be one of the biggest PS3 exclusives, but it's the most eagerly anticipated among pretty much everyone I know.

And what about the next Twisted Metal or Wipeout? When we gonna see those badboys, huh?

@Machina-AX

no problem, I just posted it b/c I noticed a lot of debate over the PS3s lineup for this year, and while some of the games on there were given optimistic release dates, I expect many of these games to hit this year. and that includes a few huge franchises

the line-up looks awesome i hope nothin gets delayed,but i disagree with there prediction that home doesnt take off i think it will

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"