By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN Playstation 2008 Preview

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/846/846509p1.html

"January 18, 2008 - 2008 is set to be a great year for the PlayStation 3 and PSP, and we don't even know what's going to happen at E3 yet. The PlayStation 2 even has a few more big titles up its sleeve. The second full year of the PlayStation 3's lifespan should be a huge one, as developers are really starting to nail down what the system is capable of and a huge number of exclusive and major cross-platform titles are set to hit stores this year. With games like Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry 4, Grand Theft Auto IV, Resistance 2 and much, much more promising release this year, PlayStation gamers have a lot to look forward to.

Here is a list of the biggest, and hopefully best, games to hit the PSP, PS2 and PS3 this year. Keep in mind that we're trying to keep this list to games that we think (or at least hope) will ship sometime in 2008. With that said, let the drooling begin, and make sure you tune in until the end to check out our predictions for 2008"

I'd post the whole article, but its 9 pages long. I have to say, that lineup is looking very impressive at the moment. Even the PS2 is getting some more great games. Now, lets hope nothing gets delayed... 

Around the Network

wow nice, ps3 lineup is looking up, lets hope that none of these titles get delayed any further.

end said: ps3 is already a failure, even if it goes to number 1 at the end of this generation.

NYANKS said: And please, if Nintendo can recover from the mind blowing pwnage dealt to it by Sony over the last ten years, I think Sony will be fine.

The Church of Freeman

All in all your just another brick in the wall.

Some great games on that list.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

They left off Tekken 6 yet put up the next Mortal Kombat, which we know absolutely nothing about? Wtf. I thought IGN was better than that. I mean, they didn't even create an "Other Notable Fighters" section like they did for some of the other genres.

They also screwed up on the KZ2 bit. The original KZ2 trailer was shown at E305, not E306.

Other than that, it's a good list, though I doubt RE5 and FFXIII will make it out in '08. But still, Tekken 6 is far too big of a release to completely ignore.

makingmusic476 said:
They left off Tekken 6 yet put up the next Mortal Kombat

Yeah, seems like an oversight to me, they put MK in the 360 preview as well.

Seriously, there hasn't been a good MK game in years, I'm guessing IGN's editors are big fans? and they are getting lazy, all the multiplatform games have the same comment on both articles! why do they hire 360 editors and PS3 editors then if they rehash the same articles (goes for the reviews as well).

I think the little bit about KZ2 was a stretch though, "At E3 2007, Sony let the people play and everyone shut up". I'm a little surprised Haze didn't make it into the main section it's under the 'other notables', because it looks way me appealing then KZ2 does (IMO). 

Pretty interesting that Top Spin 3 is making an appearance on the PS3 (didn't know that) and even more interesting is that 2k is dipping it's toes into more sports games now (this and the new don king boxing game).

As for the editor's prediction, I'd say the second last and the last are pretty accurate. PS3 does look to have the best lineup so far, things might change, but right now I think the last 2 predictions are pretty spot on.

Btw, "lol" at the comments made on that article, Sony fanboyism at it's best.

Around the Network

I'm REALLY not seeing how Imfamous will make it out in 08. Hope it does though. I'm a sucker for Superhero type games.

LBP, will be an awesome game.

I thought Yoda was 360 only and Vader PS3 on Soul caliber?

Fallout 3 reminds me that i've still yet to play the other Fallout games really. I've played Wasteland though! I gotta get credit for that right! (Wasteland was the fallout predecessor that had really crappy text based graphics mostly right.)

Rise of the Argonauts is interesting. This is game 3 on my list I think. Pending reviews.

Eh... and that's it really.

Well Battlefield of the Valkrie will be sweet. (for me.)

These things never preview enough of the types of games I like. I mean i got like 17 games i want from the partial Wii list till March. I know there's gotta be waaaay more PS3 games I want coming out.

I love the PS3's 2008 release list to be honest. It's a very very tempting invitation into HD consoles. I still haven't made a decision yet, but I definitely can't imagine any PS3 owners being disappointed with this lineup.

Nice lineup, hopefully Sony will bring out some good bundles as well. Bundling DMC4 in Japan is a good decision they made.

To be honest, to me the list totally "sucks" for the PS3. I doubt Lost will be any good and again... hardly a single RPG and nothing but action / shooter games *grrr*.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

This list is old, and is missing over some 20 games.

mM