By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN Playstation 2008 Preview

i thought yoda is in the box version of sc iv...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

I know I'll get called for this but the games mentioned are extremely underwhelming to me. Give me something like Little Big Planet and whatever the ICO team are up to next anyday.

The only improvements that R2, MGS4, GTA4 and DMC4 have over there previous installments is graphics, plain and simple.

Saying all that, these games are going to sell PS3s without question and easily push it into 2nd place, if not by the end of this year then definatly '09.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Well I don't think there's anybody that thinks that 2008 is gonna be worst than 2007 for PS3, other than Rol, of course.

Some really nice games coming.

Rol said that 2007 would be ps3's best year.

mM

It's going to be a good year for PS3 owners

Around the Network

Yep looks good. Hopefully these big titles will be spread out throughout the year. Like tekken 6 before gtav would be good. Then buyers can look at getting playstation over the others because it has other exclusives. Otherwise people may jump for the cheaper console

Ynwa.

azzer100 said:
I know I'll get called for this but the games mentioned are extremely underwhelming to me. Give me something like Little Big Planet and whatever the ICO team are up to next anyday.

The only improvements that R2, MGS4, GTA4 and DMC4 have over there previous installments is graphics, plain and simple.

Saying all that, these games are going to sell PS3s without question and easily push it into 2nd place, if not by the end of this year then definatly '09.

Actually, R2 has the whole 60 player online multiplayer, instead of 40, 8 player online co-op rather than no online co-op, 2 campaigns instead of one, new enemies, etc. so to say that its just R:FoM with better graphics is an insult to all the folks over at Insomniac. =(

leo-j said:
This list is old, and is missing over some 20 games.

its new on IGN, it was posted yesterday. and I hope you aren't referring to the 20 supposedly unnamed exclusives that haven't been confirmed. Most of them are probably not coming out soon.

azzer100 said:

agree

it's going to be PSP's best year also.

with God of War, Crisis Core, Enix's FF fighting game (and Kingdom Heart if I'm not mistaken) coming to the handheld.

Yeah, it's still going to get its ass handed to it by DS, but as a PSP owner, I have 0 to complain about when it comes to AAA games.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

@kingofwale

Actually believe it or not in 2007 the psp has a better game line up than the ds. This time it may also be the case.

mM