By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you Pro-life or Pro-choice?

how long until a majority of the posters in this thread get banned when a massive flame war breaks out?

Around the Network
segajon said:
Bladeneo said:
segajon said:
Bladeneo said:
Pro choice; circumstances are sometime unavoidable. If a person doesnt want the child they shouldnt be forced to have it.

If a person does not want the child the person should not have sex. Don't give me the lame excuse well the condom broke or the birth control didn't work. We all know those are not 100% effective at preventing a pregnancy and never will be.

What? Since when is sex purely for the purpose of creating a child? Sorry, Im not going to be restricted in my sexual activities because contraception isnt effective enough to ensure i wont get someone pregnant. If someone takes all precautions necessary to prevent the pregnancy, then they shouldnt be forced to endure it.

Your putting your sexual pleasurments ahead of what could be become a wonderful human being. I think people shouldn't have sex unless they are able to support a child if things do go wrong and a pregnancy happens. Unless you or your partner are unable to produce then be ready for whatever could happen.

No is the simple answer to that. I guarantee at the moment if I had a child it would not grow up to be a wonderful human being but im not about to stop having sex because of it. Im 17, my motives may be selfish but ive not even lived a 1/4 of my life potentially, why should I act in such a cautious fashion? To be fair,if people wait till they can support a child to have sex, not alot of people are going to have sex. Most people I know have been born into families with money issues. 

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

outlawauron said:
Pro-life with a strong conviction.

I don't think you kill someone that could do so much in this crazy world.

Could not have been said any better.

Pro-Choice, alrady had an abortion (miss's that is, not me, duh)

segajon said:
Bladeneo said:
EHSTEVE said:
Bladeneo said:
segajon said:
Bladeneo said:
Pro choice; circumstances are sometime unavoidable. If a person doesnt want the child they shouldnt be forced to have it.

If a person does not want the child the person should not have sex. Don't give me the lame excuse well the condom broke or the birth control didn't work. We all know those are not 100% effective at preventing a pregnancy and never will be.

What? Since when is sex purely for the purpose of creating a child? Sorry, Im not going to be restricted in my sexual activities because contraception isnt effective enough to ensure i wont get someone pregnant. If someone takes all precautions necessary to prevent the pregnancy, then they shouldnt be forced to endure it.

I'm pretty sure that sex has always been mainly to reproduce :P(pleasure is a byproduct?)

But it isnt PURELY for the purpose of a child. I'm not going to abstain from sex until I want a child. What about people who dont want children? They can never have sex? Its ridiculous to suggest that.

2000 years ago maybe, but nowadays sex is pleasure first, reproduction second.

Their are operations out there that could prevent you are your partner from having a baby. Most of those operations are cheaper than having an abortion.

So, I have a choice between having a child or permenantly disabling my chance for a child? Sure, the operations are reversable but the complications that comewith it are worrying; not to mention the price of a second operation. Ill stick with condoms thanks.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network
Auron said:
llewdebkram said:
Pro life but there are circumstances when abortion should be allowed.

Agreed, my circumstances are rape, mother's health in danger and child's health in danger.

Abortion is endagering the child's health... so not sure I understand that point....

Anyways, I am pro-life. The exceptions (rape, insest, etc...) are such a small % that it's moot and not even worth arguing about...

Actually, I am pro-choice too bit not pro-abortion... It's just that I say the choice is prior to conception, not after... (this is where exceptions like rape...)

What I find strange is people who are totally upset with the *volunteers* in the war who have died, as if it's such a huge number. (3,927 Americans from 3/19/03 to 1/18/08), but then are pro choice, where inicent children are killed at a rate of 3,700 every day in America.

That is the number one biggest problem I have with the democratic party.  If they would take that out of their platform they would have a much better chance at the white house.

There's always stemcells, which could cure those children with disabilities, but conservatives are again, very much against stem cells... lol

Completely pro-life, I see abortion as murder. I don't believe that people should have the right to decide another human being has the right to live or not, even if the case is rape.
I do, however believe that putting up a child for adoption is ok if it could have a better life being adopted.

pro-choice

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Auron said:
llewdebkram said:
Pro life but there are circumstances when abortion should be allowed.

Agreed, my circumstances are rape, mother's health in danger and child's health in danger.

What he said ;)