By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you Pro-life or Pro-choice?

fazz said:
Pro-choice: I have always thought that, if the kid can't be given a happy, good life, they should let the kid skip to their next chance (yes, I believe in rebirth).

For example, the child would be given... let's say to an orphanage. He would grow up sad, without parents, probably hating life, people and himself. Same if the kid is abused because of the hate his parents have to him, from being an accident or whatever.

Also, I don't believe that the child should be a kind of punishment to dumb teenagers. Childs are human beings, and they should be given love no matter the condition they are born.

Not that the above opinion should be set to stone for everyone, but that's what I think.

In the US, at least, new borns rarely go to orphanages.  There is another valid alternative to abortion: adoption.  In the US it is estimated that anywhere between 1.5-2 mil. couples are waiting to adopt a child every year, yet only 50,000 or so are put for adoption.

From BirthChoice.com

According to the National Committee for Adoption, there are 1.5 million American couples wanting to adopt children. Yet each year, while 1.6 million children are being killed by abortion, only 50,000 new children are made available for adoption.

and from AbortionFacts.com:

4% of non-marital births are placed for adoption. In the U.S. this is about 50,000 non-related adoptions a year compared to 1,500,000 babies aborted.

[...]

There are about two million couples waiting. Furthermore, each of these couples would want two or three, if available. Many will take hard-to-place children with special needs.

Because of this, I believe that abortion should be made illegal especially in the US, since damn near 100% of all aborted children could be raised by adopted parents, and have nice, full lives.

Around the Network

I am pro-both.

I think once the process of making a life is complete, killing what you make is murder. When it's complete is up for debate however. I guess when you can prove it's self aware, or can sustain life on it own, or any other reasonable benchmark for humans completion.

I don't think conception is it however. So let's say, for the sake of argument, that it's 4 months that a life is considered created. Before that time, you have not made a life, thus you have the right to do whatever you wish to the building blocks of a life. After 4 months, it has rights, and killing it would be murder.

I'll explain to you why we had our abortion:

My girlfriend is on a drug called Mercaptopurine because she has Liver Cancer (Had it since 7) plus another drug which suppresses her immune system, I made her pregnant and all was well, however a few more weeks in things started to go horribly wrong, and she had to be rushed to hospital in extreme pain in her lower stomach, however after spending the night in the hospital she came home feeling better, but 2 nights later it happened again but worse.

According to the doctors they said the only explanation for this kind of pain was a miscarriage, but she hadn’t miscarriaged (No bleeding etc, ultrasound showed baby still there and alive)

So after this, the doctors figured it must be her medication, the baby is freaking out because of the foreign intruder, she can not go off this medication or she will die, so an abortion was the only solution because if she had kept the baby the pains would get worse and could result in the death of not only the baby but her herself.

She still cries when she looks at the ultrasound pictures, and it is very distressing for her to of lost our child, no-one here can say that what we did was wrong because you obviously have not gone through anything like this, if you have some bullshit solution you think you can throw at me that you feel I 'should' of done, then you can just STFU cause obviously you know shit.

Definitely Pro-Choice. Like it or not, a baby is PART of the mothers body. She should have the right to do with it as she decides.

We need less children born into loveless marriages, or into the arms of mothers that can't take care of (or raise) their children properly.

There is of course an "age limit", where the baby ceases to become a "growth" and becomes a new human individual.

All countries should allow abortion when the fetus is less than 3 months old IMO, and give the mother the right to control her life (which in turn controls the babies).

If there is any debate, it should be what this "age" limit is - 1 month, 3 months, 5 months, etc.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

lolita said:
I'm pro-life in exeption of special cases like the mother's life being in danger.

I'm a girl and I can say that I'd be traumatised to go through all of this. I was pro-choice before but when my friend got an abortion it made me question stuff and the way she described everything... Horrible...

I really wonder how she could do it and the worse is that she was hesitating to keep it or not... I think it's also weird how doctors and nurses reassure that it is "normal" to do this and not feel bad about it...

That's because if they don't they can get fired. My sister is a nurse and pro-life, and she says one of the hardest parts of her job is letting pregnant teens know that abortion is an abotion.

Although now she's neonatal, so she doesn't have to worry about it anymore.

Around the Network

@shams

Wow, you and I posted the same opinion, at the same time. Cool :)

ArtofAngels said:

I'll explain to you why we had our abortion:

My girlfriend is on a drug called Mercaptopurine because she has Liver Cancer (Had it since 7) plus another drug which suppresses her immune system, I made her pregnant and all was well, however a few more weeks in things started to go horribly wrong, and she had to be rushed to hospital in extreme pain in her lower stomach, however after spending the night in the hospital she came home feeling better, but 2 nights later it happened again but worse.

According to the doctors they said the only explanation for this kind of pain was a miscarriage, but she hadn’t miscarriaged (No bleeding etc, ultrasound showed baby still there and alive)

So after this, the doctors figured it must be her medication, the baby is freaking out because of the foreign intruder, she can not go off this medication or she will die, so an abortion was the only solution because if she had kept the baby the pains would get worse and could result in the death of not only the baby but her herself.

She still cries when she looks at the ultrasound pictures, and it is very distressing for her to of lost our child, no-one here can say that what we did was wrong because you obviously have not gone through anything like this, if you have some bullshit solution you think you can throw at me that you feel I 'should' of done, then you can just STFU cause obviously you know shit.

Just wondering, but who is this aimed towards?

Btw, sorry for your girl's suffering and loss.  Cancer just took my Uncle. :( 

Topic Poster, and the users who said that it's acceptable if the females life is in danger, just seemed like the topic poster is going all out trying to destroy any way possible that an abortion is okay.

So I through my 2 cents in that no-one can possibly counter argue.

Gobias said:
Pro-choice.

Do all you pro-lifers think the Earth is flat and 6000 years old? I also heard the sun revolves around the earth.

It's ironic how these right wingers say that "abortion is taking a life" while they are constantly taking life from people by not supporting stem cells. Logical fallacy.

The Earth is far too over-populated as it is, I wouldn't want to bring a child into this world, and I never will. I refuse to let my selfish need for a nuclear family interfere with the stability of our world.

Also, it must be noted that human offspring are no greater or of more importance than any other mammalian offspring, why all this special treatment?

No I'm an Atheist, vegetarian and I believe in science. And I never heard of stem cell but if it can save lives without having dangerous effects it should be accepted. And some countries are over populated but some are still having much space (Canada as example). I think the only thing that should be done is encouraging protection even more and educate teens (and even kids since they seem to do it). It is because of some conservative people that it is not done and it's a shame...

So all of this to say that you are far too judgemental and quit using steriotypes, it makes you look like an ignorant fool.

Pro-choice.