By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you Pro-life or Pro-choice?

Bladeneo said:
Pro choice; circumstances are sometime unavoidable. If a person doesnt want the child they shouldnt be forced to have it.

If a person does not want the child the person should not have sex. Don't give me the lame excuse well the condom broke or the birth control didn't work. We all know those are not 100% effective at preventing a pregnancy and never will be.

Around the Network

i'm also leaning more toward pro life now, but yes, there are circumstances where it should be allowed.

sometimes though, i lean toward pro-choice. >_

Pro-choice.

I believe there are women out there who get abortions every other month just because they can, but later on, they will pay the piper: Miscarriages and infertility FTL!

However, a few women may encounter complications during the pregnancy which could result in the mother's as well as the fetus' life. I think it's better saving at least one person than having to face two unfortunate deaths. Also, it may be just that the mother could face death, and I wouldn't think it unwise for her to think of her own life, and it most certainly is not being selfish. I'm the baby in the family and I wouldn't want to know how my older siblings would think of me today, or how we would have turned out if our mother was deceased.

Also, there seems to be a high correlation between abortion and decrease in crime in poor urban areas, in which case financial as well as social status also plays a crucial role in why a woman may seek an abortion.

Bingoo said:
in the middle, if a girl gets pregnant just from messing around she should have to have the baby

however rape etc should easily allow for abortion

People come on rape is a horrible thing that happens in this world but put the child up for adoption, you never know what that one person can do to change this world.

Pro choice in all circumstances.

is killing a human being"

Thats the debatable part, what do we define as a human being. If we go down the path of considering feutuses (sp) human then sooner or later we end up at monte pythons "every sperm is sacred".

Around the Network
segajon said:
Bingoo said:
in the middle, if a girl gets pregnant just from messing around she should have to have the baby

however rape etc should easily allow for abortion

People come on rape is a horrible thing that happens in this world but put the child up for adoption, you never know what that one person can do to change this world.

Critizing other people's views will only start a flame war. 

adoption shouldn't really be put under pro-choice. the majority of pro-life people will put the baby up for adoption if it was an unwanted pregnancy

segajon said:
Bladeneo said:
Pro choice; circumstances are sometime unavoidable. If a person doesnt want the child they shouldnt be forced to have it.

If a person does not want the child the person should not have sex. Don't give me the lame excuse well the condom broke or the birth control didn't work. We all know those are not 100% effective at preventing a pregnancy and never will be.

What? Since when is sex purely for the purpose of creating a child? Sorry, Im not going to be restricted in my sexual activities because contraception isnt effective enough to ensure i wont get someone pregnant. If someone takes all precautions necessary to prevent the pregnancy, then they shouldnt be forced to endure it. 

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Pro-choice: I have always thought that, if the kid can't be given a happy, good life, they should let the kid skip to their next chance (yes, I believe in rebirth).

For example, the child would be given... let's say to an orphanage. He would grow up sad, without parents, probably hating life, people and himself. Same if the kid is abused because of the hate his parents have to him, from being an accident or whatever.

Also, I don't believe that the child should be a kind of punishment to dumb teenagers. Childs are human beings, and they should be given love no matter the condition they are born.

Not that the above opinion should be set to stone for everyone, but that's what I think.

flukus said:
Pro choice in all circumstances.

is killing a human being"

Thats the debatable part, what do we define as a human being. If we go down the path of considering feutuses (sp) human then sooner or later we end up at monte pythons "every sperm is sacred".

No every sperm will not be sacred because you need more than sperm to produce a child.