By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you Pro-life or Pro-choice?

modsgonecrazy said:
jlauro said:
BengaBenga said:
jlauro said:
BengaBenga said:
I understand both opinions, but I have one remark:

If you think it's wrong to have an abortion just don't do it, but give others the choice to perform an abortion if they have a different opinion.

This way everyone's happy right?

Everyone except the 126,000 aborted babies per day, and those that empathise with with those little ones still under development.

So what's better: An aborted baby or a baby that's born in a family that doesn't want it or cannot financially take care of it. I don't know cause I'm not God, that's why I think everyone should decide this for him/herself.

That may be an excuse in some third world contries, but most places have government social programs for such situations, or independant charities to help. There are also more people willing to pay the expenses so they can adopt a baby that in countries like America that is just a cop-out.

if i may ask where did you get the 126000 abortions a day from?

From google, by searching for abortions per day, which took me to the follwing site as the first link: http://www.abortionno.org/Resources/fastfacts.html

If you  have a sorce/stat you trust more, feel free to share it.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
jlauro said:
BengaBenga said:
jlauro said:
BengaBenga said:

If you think it's wrong to have an abortion just don't do it, but give others the choice to perform an abortion if they have a different opinion.

Everyone except the 126,000 aborted babies per day, and those that empathise with with those little ones still under development.

So what's better: An aborted baby or a baby that's born in a family that doesn't want it or cannot financially take care of it. I don't know cause I'm not God, that's why I think everyone should decide this for him/herself.

That may be an excuse in some third world contries, but most places have government social programs for such situations, or independant charities to help. There are also more people willing to pay the expenses so they can adopt a baby that in countries like America that is just a cop-out

Do you live in america?

If someone wants a kid that badly they could always adopt any of a large amount of kids in foster care and orphanages.

Not to mention the fact that if abortions were illegal many people would try to keep the kid, knowing they can't afford it leading to more kids in the foster homes and orphanages.

Yes, I live in America.

Unfortunately, most people who want a kid that badly want to start raising it from the beginning.   It is very difficult to adopt a child <1 year old as demand exceeds supply.  It's kind of like how some people never wantto buy things used, but much more so...

There are tons of resources available for pregnant teens in America.  Just search for problem pregnancy.

Here is a couple of links that you can give to people who can't afford a baby but don't want an abortion:

http://www.lifecall.org/

http://www.epigee.org/pregnancy/resources.html

If those don't work out, let me know and I'll personally help or find someone who can. 

"@Benga, no you forget the hypocritical pro-life stance of 'you can't kill a fetus' 'but it's cool to kill innocents in war, let people die due to improper health care, or turn a blind eye to starving people on the streets'."

Once again, if you want to snipe on the subject of the iraq war, make your own thread to do so.

And there's nothing innocent about Saddam Hussein and his former army. The only people bombing innocent civilians over there are insurgents bombing iraqi's. The US government doesn't intentionally bomb innocent civilians.

But again, if you want to discuss this topic, make your own thread.

Witty signature here...

Wii: 14 million by January  I sold myself short

360: 13 million by January I sold microsoft short, but not as bad as Nintendo.

PS3: 6 million by January. If it approaches 8 mil i'll eat crow  Mnn Crow is yummy.

With these results, I've determined that I suck at long term predictions, and will not long term predict anything ever again. Thus spaketh Crono.

jlauro said:
Kasz216 said:
jlauro said:
BengaBenga said:
jlauro said:
BengaBenga said:

That may be an excuse in some third world contries, but most places have government social programs for such situations, or independant charities to help. There are also more people willing to pay the expenses so they can adopt a baby that in countries like America that is just a cop-out

Do you live in america?

If someone wants a kid that badly they could always adopt any of a large amount of kids in foster care and orphanages.

Not to mention the fact that if abortions were illegal many people would try to keep the kid, knowing they can't afford it leading to more kids in the foster homes and orphanages.

Yes, I live in America.

Unfortunately, most people who want a kid that badly want to start raising it from the beginning.   It is very difficult to adopt a child <1 year old as demand exceeds supply.  It's kind of like how some people never wantto buy things used, but much more so...

There are tons of resources available for pregnant teens in America.  Just search for problem pregnancy.

Here is a couple of links that you can give to people who can't afford a baby but don't want an abortion:

http://www.lifecall.org/

http://www.epigee.org/pregnancy/resources.html

If those don't work out, let me know and I'll personally help or find someone who can. 

I don't agree with you, but I honestly admire your drive!

bit much 100.000x300=30.000.000 a large country is being aborted a year:/

Around the Network

46 million actually according to that website.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I am pro-life as I believe life to begin at conception, not at some trimester or birth. Although, I do wonder what my stance would be if I were a woman. And even more so, if I was a pregnant teen.

Final-Fan said:
46 million actually according to that website.

it may seem a bit hard but if an extra 46 million people would walk the earth, it will be f*cked up much sooner

Another problem is gender selection most abortions outside of the U.S. are usually based on Gender. In the U.S. its more a form of birth control. But in India 90% of all abortions are against female babies so they must be developed enough to tell the sex!

Also partial birth abortions I would think most people abhor this practice unless your Hitler or Saddam.

But I would say that what makes a human all of our individual triats and characteristics are given to us from our parents.

Egg meet sperm. after conception all you need is food and time till 9 months later presto a baby! All the genetic code is there upon conception.

I personnally like Ted Turners analogy" if its human why dont people name thier miscarriages"! Shows you why Jane dumped him. A lack of personal concern for the many women and men who have suffered from this.
I believe we can argue until the sky falls and we will never change anyones mind. I have gotten a lot of pro choicers to agree that partial birth abortions is horrible and even people using abortion as a from of birth control is wrong. All great civilizations rise and fall on a moral compass this is ours! America has seen her best days! the lack of values will be her down fall!

PS Final Fan dont read this the large block text syndrome is hard to break and Iam not a writer! Hows the weather in Minnesota by the way!

"if its human why dont people name thier miscarriages"! "

Funny thing is (well, maybe not "funny"), lots of people do, depending on when the miscarriage happens (whether they had a name picked out or not.)

Witty signature here...

Wii: 14 million by January  I sold myself short

360: 13 million by January I sold microsoft short, but not as bad as Nintendo.

PS3: 6 million by January. If it approaches 8 mil i'll eat crow  Mnn Crow is yummy.

With these results, I've determined that I suck at long term predictions, and will not long term predict anything ever again. Thus spaketh Crono.